Construction Engineer 9/6/2016
Walnut Creek, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY SKILLS: construction management and engineering, project management, proficient with E/// equipment
* The Construction Engineer manages project development from initial site design through as-built drawings. Primary projects include small cells and ODAS projects. This may include other cell sites, In Bound Collocations, and In Building projects. Responsibilities including drawing review for compliance with civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical standards.
* Responsible for project feasibility, value engineering, zoning, FAA/FCC survey work, drawings, certifications, permit approvals, and contract administration.
* The position manages construction activities related to the development of multiple, simultaneous network infrastructure projects including distributing bid packages, coordinating bid walk; awarding job; and monitoring progress; providing regular status updates; and resolving issues.
* Provides full financial management of all projects from initial proposal/bid through receipt of final product or service; funding projects; processing purchase orders; reviewing work; and ensuring payment and final balance in purchasing software.
* Provides leadership and guidance by practicing Core Values including: creating and evaluating ways to gain financial efficiencies and save money; creating process improvements; securing assets; and being accountable for vendor payments.
* Communication with other cross functional teams and vendors;
* Provides the necessary direction for individual/team growth and development.
* Actively participate in meetings and show the ability to explain issues clearly, providing updates, maintaining records, working with other departments, and understanding the impact of their job to the overall business.
* Establishes quality assurance methods, procedures, standards, and technical training related to site design and construction.
* Evaluates new products, services, and vendors. Weighs the pros and cons, including impact to the system, costs, compatibility, ease of use, reliability, timing parameters.
* Interfaces with internal and external departments as well as regulatory agencies by interacting with municipal agencies in the pursuit of building permits, construction inspections, and by finally obtaining certificates of occupancy for network facilities. Develop the skills and ability to represent the company at municipal hearings if needed in support of the Real Estate group.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or Computer Science
* A minimum of 5years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
* A minimum of 5years of experience as a Construction Manager or Construction Engineer working with tower companies, macro new builds, small cells, Right of Ways, and other wireless infrastructure projects.
* Needs to have a working knowledge of environmental and safety rules and regulations. Must be able to review of Phase I environmental reports, and wetland studies.
* Construction management skills including: CAD/design review, implementation, and project management
* Must have experience with macro, micro, ODAS, and related systems, HVAC, emergency generators, National Electrical Code requirements, environmental requirements including hazardous material, spill prevention, and other regulatory guidelines, general building maintenance, and vendor maintenance
* REAL ESTATE: Must be able to negotiate leases and easements for communications facilities.
* Zoning and Permitting: Complete understanding of the zoning and permitting process for new cellular facilities.
* MICROWAVE EXPERIENCE: Understand the technology for leasing, zoning, permitting, & implementation.
* Valid Driver's license in good standing required as position will require the use of a company vehicle.
* Proficient with Siterra