Construction Field Safety Officer (Irvine or Ontario)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
Irvine or Ontario, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ERM is seeking a Construction Field Safety Officer with site decontamination, decommissioning and demolition (DDD) experience to join our top-ranked global environmental consulting firm in Irvine or Ontario, CA. As part of a growing and diverse practice, you will support smaller DDD projects in a Junior Project Manager role and also work on DDD sites that often are linked with complex site investigation, remediation, and environmental construction projects at a variety of power, oil & gas, chemical, and industrial sites across North America.
In this role, you will be responsible for safe field implementation of DDD projects, including tasks such as planning, coordinating and controlling of contractors and subcontractors, and performing field oversight. You will also be responsible for executing the field project in full compliance with ERM and our client requirements and standards. You will work closely with the office-based ERM Project Manager and Partner-in-Charge during project execution. The successful candidate will also network with ERM's national DDD practice team to share consulting opportunities, business relationships, and the application of best practices to address client needs.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a mid-level professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader, and to make a significant impact in a growing business area.
Serve as Field Safety Officer on assigned site investigation, remediation, and decommissioning/ decontamination/demolition environmental construction projects to develop and implement site-specific Health & Safety Plans. Specifically:
• Evaluate Contractor Health & Safety Plans for effective hazard controls and regulatory compliance.
• Ensure appropriate work permits in place and evaluate compliance in the field.
• Ensure appropriate level of PPE is available and being used as required, as well as proper maintenance and sanitation of PPE.
• Verify communication systems are in place.
• Monitor conformance with safety and emergency procedures.
• Conduct behavior-based safety observations and coordinate internal Event Communication System activity.
• Conduct daily safety briefings with the project field team.
• Confirm that subcontractor safety training is up to date and that equipment is maintained; establish and oversee decontamination procedures.
• Monitor site personnel for symptoms of heat or cold stress and exposure to toxic materials.
• Exercise the authority to stop work, which will be executed upon determination of an imminent safety hazard or potentially dangerous situation (e.g., weather conditions, where this action is necessary).
• Exercise the authority to proceed with work after a stop-work order after receiving verification from Partner-in-Charge or H&S team.
• Collect and evaluate safety observations.
• Investigate and correct unsafe conditions/acts and near misses.
• Maintain site safety records.
• Complete and maintain required training, including:
• ERM Field Safety Officer Training Modules
• 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER
• 8-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Supervisor
• 10 or 30-hour OSHA construction safety training
• CPR/First Aid
• Blood borne pathogens
• Confined space and excavation awareness
• Emergency preparedness
• Hazard recognition and job hazard analysis
• Incident investigation and root cause analysis
• BS Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree.
• 3+ years of experience in demolition/construction/remediation project health and safety leadership will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Strong commitment to safety, including implementing strict Health and Safety protocols.
• Ability to estimate, process and track project costs, transmittals, submittals and invoices.
• Ability to provide excellent project delivery and client service, quality on project deliverables, excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to organize and coordinate field personnel, subcontractors and vendors.
• Completed training and certifications for HAZWOPER, DOT basic Hazmat awareness, OSHA 30-hour construction, confined space entry training, and fall protection/prevention training.
• Strong initiative (self-starter), problem-solving and communication skills, and attention to detail and QA/QC.
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Willing to travel and temporarily relocate to field assignments throughout the United States. Ability to travel up to 50%.
To apply, please follow the link below:
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,000 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. Over the past three years we have worked for more than 50 percent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world, in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. These sectors face critical sustainability challenges. Our clients in these sectors and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them to improve sustainability, which fosters a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance