Construction Inspection Supervisor- Transportation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni Associates is currently seeking a Construction Inspection Supervisor with experience consistent, but not limited to:
* Performing daily construction inspections as well as supervising, scheduling and coordinating the everyday field activities of construction inspectors and their efforts
* Experience with public works infrastructure in nature, specifically roadway, bridge, highway, and traffic signal related labor, water and wastewater,utilities, etc.
* Creating and maintaining healthy relationships with clients, contractors and others; Acting as a liaison when necessary to make sure all parties are informed of all progress
* Being responsible for making sure all paperwork is complete and accurate with State, Local and Federal Requirements
* Being responsible for the training of all other inspectors to ensure they are fully prepared to work in the field
* Mentoring a team of 5 inspectorsand creating a productive and comfortable work environment
* Supervising the inspection of construction projects; establishing achievable goals and monitoring employee progress while maintaining personnel records.
* Assigning work areas to construction inspectors; Routinely monitoring inspector workloads to adjust inspector assignments as needed to ensure efficiency
* Meeting project deadlines which may mean working nights, weekends and over time
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
* High School Diploma
* 8-12 years working experience with management experience preferred
* Ability and willingness tocomminute to assignments in New Jersey
* Flexibility in schedule andability to meet deadlines
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Fluent in English, both written and verbal
* Experience with NJDOT/FHWA documentation
* Able to work on constructionsites which includes ability to lift and transport construction inspection, testing equipment and samples when needed
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Must have reliable transportation
Preferred certifications include:
* NICET levelIII or VI Transportation Engineering Technology/Highway Construction Certification
* ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I
* NJSAT Asphalt Paving Construction Technician
* Field and NJ Traffic Control Coordinator