Construction Manager 8/9/2016
Enterprise Community Investment
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Enterprise seeks a highly-qualified, experienced architect, engineer, or construction professional for Enterprise's Low-income Tax Credit-financed affordable housing projects and to provide support to other Enterprise entities in their strategic initiatives.
The Construction Manager, oversees all construction activities related to Enterprise's LIHTC projects, with primary responsibility to:
Coordinate/participate in the preparation of reports on construction, including the upfront review of construction related due diligence and the progress of construction through completion.
Continually evaluate the construction transaction and identify projects with delays in the projected completion due to permits, approvals, etc. and propose solutions to mitigate the cost/schedule impact.
* Provide alternatives to architectural and engineering issues that arise during the pre-construction and construction phase of the projects.
* Facilitate internal communication regarding the status of the work being performed, setting priorities and expectations for the schedule and final product to be produced.
* Facilitate resolution of disputes among stakeholders (General Partner, General Contractor, vendors and agencies).
* Champion new ideas to enlist the support and action of others who are not in his/her span of control to achieve goals and complete assignments.
* As may be requested, represent Enterprise in project-specific discussions with investors.
* Provide guidance to the Asset Management department on construction issues.
* Evaluate the construction portfolio and provide guidance during the periodic evaluation of the portfolio risk assessment.
* Maintain relationships within the construction community including area contractor, architects, and city and state agencies providing oversight of construction projects.
* In conjunction with staff and third party consultants, oversees all phases of pre-construction and construction. May personally accomplish or cause to be accomplished:
* Site inspections on a risk priority basis or as requested during construction to monitor construction progress, quality, compliance with requirements and workmanship standards
* If requested, progress payment approvals and other tasks related to asset control
* Review of plans and specifications
* Assistance to project partners throughout construction process
As a member of the Construction Management team, may be asked to:
* Represent Enterprise at conferences and public events
* Provide training to both internal and external audiences
A bachelor's or master's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
* Registered Architect or a Professional Engineerpreferred
* Two (2) to Six (6) years of related experience with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably on-site construction oversight
* Demonstrable ability to handle a wide variety of construction related individuals/situations
* Solid understanding of the standards, processes and challenges specific to the development of affordable housing preferred
* Knowledge/experience with Green Standards/Green Communities helpful
* Familiarity and working relationship with local/regional housing/building agencies and contractors
* Works well in a team environment
* Advanced oral and written communication skills
* Highest level of professional integrity
Please note this position requires an ability to travel periodically to job sites throughout the continential United States (10%) and intermittently to Company functions (1-2 times per year).