Construction Manager (Education)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Reports to the Project Director and provides the onsite leadership, coordination, and direction for construction management activities. Duties includes ensuring the project is on budget, schedule, and the design fits the requirements for the contract. May supervise field administrative staff, Field/Project Engineers, Craft/Trade labor, Assistant Construction Managers, and other project staff as assigned. This position will support construction in the Education Sector.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Providing construction management services on DSA projects
* Strong knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to project requirements for DSA projects
* Responsible as onsite liaison with contractor and oversight of progress of construction'
* Coordinate, direct, and monitor activities of contractors/subcontractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities
* Manage project controls, cost, schedule, performance activities, and procedures required by the client
* Conduct project meetings and provide documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information
* Ensure contractors, architects, and engineers will adhere to contractual requirements on areas of safety, performance, project staff, and equipment
* Provide management of project logistics, organization, safety, and manpower utilization
* Ensure project closeout to obtain guarantees, warranties, and related provisions for turnover to the owner, including DSA closeout requirements
* Perform other duties as required to ensure project success
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or experience as superintendent preferred
* Certified Construction Manager preferred
* 5+ years of experience as a Construction Manager
* Experience with DSA / public projects in California, specifically with Higher Education, Community College, or K-12 projects
* Proficiency with various document control systems, single and multi-prime delivery, as well as new construction and modernization of K-12 schools
* Strong oral and written communication skills are required
* Knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices are required
* Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project related Construction Management systems
* Ability to handle multiple contractors and multiple fast-paced projects
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We Participate in E-Verify