This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 2/25/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe.
* Demonstrate management/leadership abilities including: training, team building, district administration, and effective interaction with customers.
* Set and manage productivity and performance expectations for direct reports.
* Ensure safety and industry training is current and documented for all installers and that they have all the appropriate information prior to arrival at the job site.
* Ensure that work outside scope is identified for change orders.
* Provide all appropriate field documentation to close out projects.
* Maintain schedule of installers and track hours assigned to projects.
* Work in conjunction with the service team to complete service work as needed.
* Provide accurate project status updates during WIP meetings
* Conduct regular job site safety walkthroughs and EHS evaluations as well as accident investigations.
* May help interview and/or evaluate employees and apprentices.
* 5 years field experience with fire alarm, sprinkler, security, and/or communication system installation.
* Supervisory experience required.
* Knowledge of P& L a plus.
* Experience or knowledge of Excel and Oracle.
* Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Windows 7/XP/NT/2000.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening, drug test and MVR.
* High school diploma or GED required