This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONProvide the overall construction management of the project as an executive level supervisor, including, but not limited to; site logistics planning, site and building construction, all related project budgets, and project schedules.
* Supervise and coordinate the activities of subcontractors, check the quality of materials used, determine acceptability of completed work, serve as a liaison with project Owners, and direct Subcontractors in the performance of their work.
* Manage the construction and delivery, of all site and building improvements in accordance with the established annual business plan.
* Provide the highest level of building quality, and Building Owner Satisfaction (BOS) obtainable.
* The performance of all functions, roles, and responsibilities in strict conformance to the Company's "Operations Playbook", and the "Required Standard Practices"
Provide support in the oversight and management of the construction budget for assigned projects.
CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & PERMITS:
* Assist in the procurement of required governing agency permits.
* Oversee the proper storage, organization, and safeguards of all governing agency approved construction documents, plans, and reports in the site construction office.
* Log all "Request for Information" and "Plan Change Forms" received for the project.
Develop, implement, and manage daily the project construction schedule.
* Logistics - Review physical site constraints, develop, and implement an applicable Site Management Plan.
* Temporary Facilities - Schedule delivery, manage, and oversee the set up of temporary facilities in adherence to the published General Conditions Budget. Oversee the timely return, and thus minimize all charges, for all rented or leased temporary facilities.
* Field Office - Manage and oversee the set up, and establishment of a fully functional and professional construction office.
* Sales Office - Manage and oversee the set up and establishment of a fully functional and professional sales office. Provide a daily "white glove test" of the sales office, sales office parking, customer access, and other sales office appurtenances. Manage and oversee the daily clean up, or correction of sales area deficiencies noted from the white glove test(s).
* Project Schedule - Train, educate, and support direct reports, and Subcontractors personnel in their strict adherence to the project schedule, and reporting procedures.
* Safety - Maintain strict compliance with the Company's "Safety First" program in cooperation with the Company's third-party safety consulting firm.
* Inspections -
* Third-Party Inspections - Ensure proper coordination and procurement of third-party field inspections and manage the immediate correction of any noted deficiencies.
* Municipal Inspections - Ensure the proper coordination and procurement of all agency inspections, approvals, and sign-offs. Enforce the strict compliance with all rules, regulations, applicable laws and codes.
* SWPPP - Ensure proper installation and maintenance of N.P.D.E.S. (SWPPP) required Best Management Practices (BMPs). Maintain required N.P.D.E.S. Log weekly.
* Site Cleanliness - Train, educate, and support direct reports, and Subcontractors personnel in their strict adherence to the Company's "Clean = Safe" Program.
* Senior Housing Operations Transition - Train, educate, and support direct reports in the Company's Standard Practices for the Senior Housing Operations Transition process.
* Project Close Out -
* Oversee turnover of all temporary utility accounts to Building Owner.
* Manage and oversee corrections and deficiencies identified on Building Owner Punch List, and Senior Housing Operations Punch List after Final Walk-Through.
* Oversee, and manage all Subcontractor work required to complete the bond exoneration process.
* Trade Relations - Complete Trade Partner and Subcontractor Evaluation Forms and review with Purchasing Department.
* Semi-Annual Performance Reviews - Prepare semi-annual performance reviews of all direct reports.
* Miscellaneous - Complete other managerial and supervisory duties as may be required from time-to-time as required by the office of the Company President.
* Minimum 10years experience as a multi-housing Construction Superintendent or Project Manager. Senior housing experience is preferred.
* College education in Architecture, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering, is preferred.
* Quantity and estimating skills are required, prior purchasing experience is preferred.
* Superior knowledge of applicable codes.
* Site and building construction management experience.
* Strong commitment to "Customer Service Culture" of the Company.
* Ability to demonstrate a well rounded knowledge of interpreting construction drawings.
* Ability to demonstrate management skills.
* Superior organizational skills.
* Ability to multi- task.
* Ability to work in a "True-Team Environment" with an attitude of "Team First".
* Strong problem solving ability.
* Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to adopt missing policies and procedures needed in order to execute the business plan.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* This position requires the applicant to work at times in excess of eight hours per day, and in excess of 40 hours per week, and occasionally Saturdays.
* Must own and operate his or her automobile.
* Must be able to climb stairs multiple times per day.
* Must be able to climb ladders multiple times per day.
* Must be able to walk on pitched roofs.
* Must be able to ben, stoop, reach, lift, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and kneel or crouch. The ability to move and carry objects in excess of 50 pounds will occasionally be required.
* While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to manipulate equipment, and to talk and hear.
* Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard, telephone, and calculator.
* Maintain an executive- level professional appearance.
* Must wear steel-toed boots and a hard hat at all times while on the job, and not in the construction office.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
* Must be able to deal with stressful situations including, but not limited to;
* Work Load;
* Owner Satisfaction.
* Must be able to apply deductive reasoning to problematic situations.
* Must be able to communicate orally, and in written form, desired objectives to; Subcontractors; Suppliers; Supervisors, Subordinates; Consultants; Coworkers; Purchasing Agents, Senior Housing Operations Team Members, Building Owners, Neighbors, and other Business Related Professionals.
* Maintain a professional and positive attitude.
* The noise level in this work environment is typically moderate to high.
* Will requiretravel to various cities.
* Early morning and/ or evening meetings may be required to maintain project schedules.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED OR OPERATED:
* Personal computer.
* Wide format plotter/ scanner.
* Flat- bed scanner.
* Copy machine.
* E- fax machine.
* Cellular telephone.
* Vehicle - Must have a valid Driver's License and Proof of Auto Insurance. Must provide own vehicle.