This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Verizon Wireless Inc.
West Jordan, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY SKILL REQUIREMENT -
* Data tracking, MS Office, Working with team, Data analysis, Vendor Management.
* Applications to have high Project Management skills, data tracking and reporting.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES -
* Project manages regional networkconstruction of cell site projects including new build turn ups, cell expansions, reconfigurations, and system upgrades.
* Works closely with Real Estate, Construction Engineers, and Equipment Engineers to ensure cell site construction issues are cleared and requirements are met.
* Work with outside vendors including General Contractors and Architectural & Engineering firms on project design and priorities to meet VZW standards and build schedules.
* Develops and maintains a detailed schedule for each project and actively manage the scheduled tasks with outside vendors including major milestones, action items, long lead purchases and any other commitments that would impact the project schedule.
* Analyzes implication of changes from the original schedule and take required corrective actions to ensure the project stays on track.
* Provides regular project status reports to management and the project team.
* Coordinates and oversees the issuance of RFQs and the evaluation of responses, based on VZW purchasing requirements, and provide detailed analysis and recommendations for the best candidates.
* Reviews quotes and issues purchase orders using PeopleSoft Purchasing system. Manages receipts related to the purchase orders and ensure that invoices are paid in a timely manner according to federal and state regulations.
* Maintains the regional monthly cell capital plan ensuring spending accuracy in monthly forecasting and performing monthly true-ups of YTD monthly spending by budget item.
* Must ensure compliance with all Verizon Wireless standards and practices.
* Must provide complete equipment specifications for Network projects as defined by network deployment plans. Engineering plan should cover cell hardware, DAS and inbuilding equipment, transmission equipment, power equipment, batteries, cables, floor space planning, HVAC, and miscellaneous hardware.
* Efficiently manage the budget as it relates to equipment purchasing. This includes processing orders and invoices in a timely manner.
* Effectively manage vendors and consultants. Work with vendors to obtain quotes and ensure their products and services meet Verizon Wireless' requirements.
* Manage outside vendors and contractors to effectively meet shipping and installation commitments.
* Request authorization for funds, write purchase orders, and manage procurement activities using PeopleSoft Purchasing system. Ensure departmental compliance with company procurement and equipment installation policies
* Create pick list/ship requests and ensure equipment arrives accurately in field to meet project requirements.