Construction Observer- Geotechnical 3/17/2017
Gilmore & Associates, Inc.
new britain, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description:
The Construction Observer will be responsible for performing materials testing on soil, concrete, and masonry materials. This individual will document daily observations and field results, and will communicate with contractors and engineers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Assist project managers with existing client relationships related to land development construction and capital improvement projects, public agency coordination, etc.
• Observe construction activities and document conformance with approved construction drawings/plans, project requirements, standards, and specifications. Construction activities generally include utilities, stormwater management facilities, grading, paving, curb, sidewalk, lighting, retaining walls, landscaping, roadway/bridge construction, and buildings.
• Promptly report exceptions or deviations from approved plans, specifications, and/or construction issues to project manager, construction contractor supervisor, and/or other appropriate party
• Prepare prompt and accurate daily field reports summarizing daily field operations/installations, plan deviations, and corrective actions. Communicate on a regular basis with the project manager
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
• Minimum 2-5 years of field experience in construction observation with a civil engineering consulting or construction management firm
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
• Certifications in NICET, NECEPT, ACI, ICC Special Inspector, Nuclear Density Gauge Operator
• 40-Hour OSHA Training
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to obtain, record field data and compile field reports
• Ability to interpret specifications, working drawings and convey intent to contractor
• Possess independence and sound technical judgment
• Possess effective oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
• Ability to build relationships with all staff, subconsultants and clients
• Confident, enthusiastic team player with a passion to work in a demanding and fast paced environment
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, stay focused, set clear milestones and execute diverse projects simultaneously
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, etc.
Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.