Construction Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
Coral Springs, FL
Join our Commitment to "Building Better Wireless".
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. We offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth to individuals who are committed to excellence and continuous improvement; and we respect the diversity of our employees, customers, business partners and the communities in which we do business. If you aspire to be part of an organization that is bringing the benefits of wireless voice and data to the world then we'd like to speak to you.
Founded in 1989, our mission is to be our customers' first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions and we achieve this by setting the standard for customer satisfaction, focusing on industry leadership, developing innovative business strategies, providing financial strength and supporting empowered, engaged employees. We generate revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. Our size, experience, capabilities and resources make us a preferred partner for wireless service providers both domestically and internationally. With anticipated ongoing, dynamic growth in wireless traffic (in particular data and video), we expect to lead the way in providing innovative business strategies and continuous improvement to our network infrastructure. Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment and contribute to our dynamic teams* We value and look for talented people who "Seek and Achieve Excellence" in all that they do.
To be the most respected organization in our industry by our customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
* Integrity: Collectively we maintain a firm adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards.
* Work Ethic: We take pride in working hard and expect each other to go the extra mile to achieve our collective goals.
* Ownership Mindset: We are excellent stewards of our financial resources and actively manage as we would for our own money.
* Quality: We do it right the first time. Doing it right includes exceeding expectations, safety, timeliness and an exemplary work product.
* Customer Service: We strive to provide our customers - internal and external with extraordinary value and to help them to achieve their business objectives.
* Innovation: We continuously strive to improve by looking for new, efficient and effective ways to do business.
* Collegiality: We are collaborative and enjoy each other's company. We work hard to make those around us a success and we interact with each other in a positive and respectful manner. Teamwork is a key to our success
Support Construction Supervisors or field personnel in managing the construction or installation activities of quality telecommunication sites for commercial deployment of services on an expedited schedule. Responsible for assisting Construction Supervisors or field personnel interface with site customer representatives, subcontractors and internal crew personnel. Coordinate with Project Control Managers to control job budgets and ensure proper documentation of all construction activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop and promote new business opportunities within the market; interact and maintain strong client relations.
* Develop and Build Subcontractor Base.
* Coordinate/Attend site/bid walks and review blueprint to gather information pertaining to actual site conditions, subcontractor costs, etc. for use in preparing accurate estimate of job cost.
* Read and understand site status reports, site plans, tower drawings, and grounding plans. Interface with customers and subcontractors.
* Responsible for assisting Construction Supervisor in interface with onsite customer representatives, subcontractors and internal personnel.
* Coordinate and schedule Construction Supervisors, subcontractors and crews as well as all equipment and materials needed.
* Ensure all appropriate building permits, NTP(s), and lease status approvals have been received prior to initiating construction.
* Manage day to day operations within the assigned Territory to include, safety, quality, budget, and schedule.
* Monitor/review all close out documentation to insure it meets all client requirements.
* Work closely with Territory Management on proper WIP management and forecast adjustments.
* Maintain the Fleet of vehicles and equipment assigned to your area and assist with DOT log books/requirements as needed.
* Maintain and enforce all SBA safety / quality practices and OSHA guidelines.
* Review and approve time sheets, expense reports, invoices, purchase orders and change orders.
* Maintain open communication with internal/external field personnel and respond, if possible, or convey their needs and concerns to appropriate office personnel.
* Accurately record hours worked and description of work performed for each employee. Submit to territory office staff daily. Monitor total hours worked on each phase of construction, ensuring that projects are performed within budgeted man hours. Identify negative budget variances and implement corrective actions to prevent the same occurrence on future projects. Notify Territory Management immediately upon identifying a phase of construction, which cannot be performed within budget.
* Notify Territory Management of staffing and equipment needs.
* Ensure company vehicles and equipment are being properly operated and maintained.
* Immediately report any vehicle accident or workplace injury to company safety representative.
* Must be able to work extended hours as required to include evenings and weekends.
* Perform other related duties as required to ensure a safe workplace, quality construction and timely completion of each project.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
* Supervise field personnel including but not limited to subcontractors.
* Hire, train and develop qualified:
o Construction Supervisor(s)
o Construction Manager(s)
o Field Crews
* Provide development plans for staff as needed.
* Counsel and terminate staff as deemed necessary in conjunction with Human Resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* HS Diploma/ GED required.
* Bachelor s in in Business or Construction Management strongly preferred.
* 5+ years wireless construction experience.
* 3+ years of management experience.
* Must be computer proficient, having demonstrated the intermediate knowledge and ability to work with MS Office and MS Outlook.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects to successful completion.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Good planning and organization skills to balances and prioritize work.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or governmental regulations.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
SBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of SBA to not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, creed, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status and to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals..