Construction Project Estimator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Roche Constructors, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONRoche Constructors has an immediate opening for a Project Estimator. Roche is a mid-sized commercial general contractor that has regional offices in Austin, Texas, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Westminster, Colorado. We are licensed or have met the qualifications to work in 23 states throughout the United States, including the District of Columbia. We have a strong national client base as well as new clients in the regions in which we are located. We are known by owners, architects, and engineers as a contractor that can be trusted to deliver quality on time and on budget. If you believe you are a top-quality candidate for this position, we want to hear from you!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Review plans and specifications for overall project understanding to identify risk in difficult work, operation, sequencing, project restrictions and time constraints
* Establish work scopes for subcontractors, defining major and priority subs
* Complete and review pricing and take-offs prior to pre-bids
* Monitor coverage and solicit new subcontractors to bid projects we are estimating
* Assemble thorough and accurate General Condition costs
* Review proposal specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, as feasible, to determine scope of work and required estimate content
* Demonstrate competency, accuracy, and organization during bids
* Correspond with architects and engineers during estimate preparation
* Assist in buyout process
* Provide estimating support to other company divisions, as required
* Improve existing subcontractor relationships with open communication to ensure accuracy with estimates
* Stay apprised of current bid market conditions
* Understand competitors' strengths and weaknesses and strategize using this knowledge
* Maintaining confidentiality is mandatory
* General knowledge of estimating principles and policies
* Ability to prepare estimates with minimal supervision
* Strong familiarity with project schedules and durations for all types of facilities
* Able to estimate all types of projects and contracts (hard bid, negotiated, and paper napkin bid), plus able to coordinate and supervise group work effort
* Familiar with conceptual and schematic estimating
* Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.