Construction Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Construction Project Manager will be responsible for managing the planning, implementation and construction of construction projects from inception to completion for the purpose of controlling time, scope, cost, safety, and quality. Will manage all phases of construction, with responsibility for scheduling, submittals, RFI's, pay applications, preparation and management of change orders, progress meetings, financial reporting, through to the completion of punch lists and project close out duties. The Construction Project Manager is the primary company representative responsible and accountable for the successful completion of assigned projects, including safety, project costs, scheduling, relationships, market reputation and profitability.
* Conducts pre planning and pre construction meetings and activities and plans and develops initial project schedule, after project starts, oversees the coordination of scheduling efforts with the superintendent, subcontractors, and suppliers to create and maintain a construction schedule and ensures the successful completion of all project elements for assigned projects.
* Reviews and understands the project estimate; develops and manages cost control and document control procedures for each project. Establishes Schedule of Values for billings.
* Review and approve subcontractor, vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices.
* Manage and facilitate project buyout when appropriate, negotiate final subcontractor terms and prepare subcontractor subcontracts. Proactively manages project risks.
* Collaborates with Superintendent to manage the construction process. Regularly walk the project to review performance. Take appropriate and timely action to remedy any deficiencies.
* Bring all field issues to the attention of the Superintendent or General Superintendent (as applicable).
* Monitors productivity and cost and makes appropriate adjustments in order to minimize problems and maintain maximum labor, productivity and cost effectiveness. Develops and completes monthly Work in Process (WIP) projections with accuracy and timeliness and to ensure profitability goals and management of cash/cost/billing. Ensure timely and accurate billings and accounts receivables.
* Oversees project construction for compliance with drawings, specifications, local codes and construction techniques.
* Reviews and manages project scope and approach with regard to constructability, and submits recommendations for change where appropriate. Negotiates, prepares, and issues change orders (proposals) to clients/owners, design team, subcontractors, and others, and prepare revisions to the original budget as a result of changes and revisions to work.
* Responsible for customer interface, relates and anticipates customer needs, and provides clear communications to customer and team. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
* Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contractrequirements and standards.
* Manage closeout process for timely project close out.
* Develops positive working relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
* Manages multiple projects at differing stages of work.
* 5 to 8 years of documented Construction Project Management experience.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Mangement, or a related field is STRONGLY preferred
* High proficiency with computer software programs MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Well versed in creating and maintaining schedules
* Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion
* Must have valid driver's license and have acceptable driving record, background check and clean drug test results
* Must be able to meet physical requirements of the job including the ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, the ability to climb ladders, negotiate construction work areas. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
* Must be a US Citizen