Construction Project Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
O'Brien & Gere has become more than an engineering solutions provider throughout our history of creating a better future since 1945. At the center of our story are clients ranging from public sector, advanced manufacturers, federal agencies, to higher education. These clients trust us to deliver sustainable solutions and integrate innovative technology to solve the evolving energy, water, environmental and facilities challenges of today and tomorrow. By living our mission of people creating a better future by making a difference each day, we are improving natural and built environments for our clients, employees, and communities.
We are currently looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to support projects mainly in the NYC area (5 boroughs), but may include, NJ, Long Island; Rockland, Westchester and Orange Counties. This position will require frequent visits at client project sites. Project types include: Water and wastewater; combined sewer overflow; Central Utility Plant (CUP) programs including boilers and chillers; Combined Heat and Power (CHP) programs; HVAC deep retrofits and replacements; Photovoltaic (PV) panel installations; Lighting retrofits; Energy efficiency programs and master planning; Microgrid applications and energy management systems.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Provide leadership for complex multidiscipline construction projects with emphasis on safety, planning, quality, budget and schedule and client management.
* Staff development and responsibilities for career development and staffing for the CM practice in the region.
* Connection to a larger OBG resource model for resource sharing and development.
* Oversight of project staff including CM, administrative, safety, project controls, and quality.
* Serves as primary point of contact between OBG and client.
* Management of multiple projects.
* Management of the front end project development and procurement phases.
* Will includes business development and sales responsibilities for CM programs.
* Client facing responsibilities for primary accounts as the regional CM leader.
* Facilitation of value engineering and constructability reviews for engineering projects.
* Serve as the CM and construction expert for engineering and design build projects.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of the project specific safety program.
* Works on other projects outside of the region when required and visit other offices when needed for project support.
* Obtains client feedback and maintains client relationships.
* Leads team with the change order process including proper notification, supporting data, gathering/organization, review, and processing.
* Participates actively in creating a safety culture in the office and at the jobsite.
Skills and Qualifications
* Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering plus 8+ years relevant years of experience.
* Professional engineering license preferred.
* Travel required.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* High level of energy and ability to motivate employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer