Construction Project Manager (Retail Architecture Studio) 8/19/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Construction Project Manager
Gensler is one of the world s leading architecture, design and planning firms, with staff in locations around the world. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
As a Gensler construction Project Manager in our Los Angeles Retail studio, you will leverage your 8-10 years of experience in project management, as well as your interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional client projects on time and on budget. You will deploy resources to ensure that the work process flows smoothly and act as the primary liaison between the team and the client. At Gensler, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovation, problem solving and design excellence.
What You Will Do
* Manage one or more projects with building renovation within mall environments and high street locations
* Work with the Project Designer and Project Architect to provide leadership to the team and client; communicate clear project objectives, contract scope, terms, and schedule
* Manage the entire project lifecycle: estimating, bidding, project kick-off, weekly construction coordination, punch list, turnover, opening, and project close-out
* Develop and monitor the project work plan, project schedule, fees, contracts, change orders, billings and collections
* Prepare project proposals and negotiate fees and contracts; bid projects to multiple General Contractors and specialty trades
* Manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, project set-up and communications with clients, general contractors, sub-consultants, vendors (equipment and service), and material suppliers
* Track financial performance of projects for success
* Assist /lead coordination with local tenant coordinators and municipalities in order to problem solve and effectively keep construction progressing.
* 15+ years of relevant experience as a project manager on a range of construction projects
* Degree in Architecture or related field rom an accredited program
* Knowledge of building codes, standards, and structures
* Knowledge of architectural and interiors principles/practices
* Excellent communication, organization, leadership and people management skills
* Proficiency with Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
* Working knowledge of construction terminology, as necessary for taking meeting minutes at project meetings with client, consultants and project team.
* Familiarity with industry related contracts and scheduling and materials, methods and processes of construction
* Practice experience with confirming: inspections, certificates, punch list items, final lien releases, retainage releases and that final payments have been received and completed.
* Ability to travel 50% of the time
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.