Construction Sales Representative - GER01866
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Gerdau Long Steel North America
King George, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Reporting directly to the Division Manager, this position is primarily responsible for selling plain and coated fabricated and stock length reinforcing steel at the best possible price, also troubleshooting customer problems and shortages.
The incumbent should have a working knowledge of concrete reinforcing steel product, their use and available accessories. Being familiar with related sales and pricing procedures, quotation development and submission of bids. Ability to discuss product applications and construction techniques with customers, engineers and architects in a creditable manner. Previous qualifying experience on related work such as detailing and estimating of reinforcing steel for three to five years. Background of knowledge and training should be equivalent to that which may be demonstrated by one with a college engineering degree relative to the industry.
Incumbent determines customer activity and requirements from published reports and personal contacts with customers, engineers, architects and contractors. Selects jobs to be bid, secures drawings and specifications for estimating, bids jobs and may negotiate price within limits established by superior. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating interdepartmental activities and cooperating with other division personnel and departments to insure efficiency in providing a quality product and optimum service to the customer in a timely fashion. The incumbent is responsible for purchasing accessories for specific projects and for division inventory within Corporate policy.
Process customer inquiries, questions, and complaints; research shortages and recommend solutions. Acquaint customers with company services and facilities.
Stay abreast of current market trends and product applications through engineering and sales publications, and professional societies. Maintain required records and information concerning competition's activities. Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for meeting established sales goals within assigned sales territory.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining contact with customers, architects and engineers.
* Responsible for resolution of customer complaints and shortages when attributable to the sales effort.
* Responsible for monitoring construction and competitor activity in assigned territory.
* Responsible for keeping abreast of changes in codes and standard practices.
* Responsible for compliance with Company policy.
* Assist with collection of delinquent accounts as required.
* Cooperation with other division personnel, departments and service areas to insure efficiency in providing a quality product and the best service possible to the customer.
* Participate in trade and civic organizations which promote company interests.
* Maintain timely and accurate sales records on internal computer systems.
* Purchase accessories for specific projects and division inventory.
* Assist in pricing stock length and fabricated epoxy coated rebar to internal and external customers.
* Bachelors degree preferred - construction or engineering related. Other degree type with related sales experience acceptable
* Functional knowledge of concrete reinforcing steel, its use and available accessories
* 1-3 years construction or design experience
* Ability to read construction drawings
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.