Construction Solutions Designer Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Pivot Interiors, Inc.
Costa Mesa, CA
The Construction Solutions PM/Designer directs a variety of critical tasks including: design feasibility, planning and directing/coordinating activities of assigned projects to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frames and budgets. These duties are performed either personally or through supporting members of the project team. Is fully proficient in most of the essential functions of the position. Possesses excellent organizational skills, communication skills, confidence and professionalism. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Acts as the internal technical product expert in all product offerings. Possesses thorough product knowledge for each product offering, and maintains records of product changes including: technical datasheets, engineering calculations, trade publications and compliance issues.
• May conduct product educational summits, visit building department officials and/or structural engineers. Understands and keeps current on local code requirements as they relate to modular walls and modular power.
• Participates in preliminary meetings with any or all of the following: architects, structural engineers, building inspectors, clients, GCs, and electrical, data, plumbing, framing, concrete and drywall contractors for feasibility and education of the product offerings.
• Develops design feasibility, based on architect’s or client’s requests. May design product offerings in a variety of software programs.
• Develops plans, 3D rendered images, specifications, and shop drawings. Ensures that all architectural product plans are code compliant.
• Establishes design requirements for proposal preparation and prepares design proposals, final scope and final project management quotes.
• Works with manager to review any required design modifications and feasibility concerns then produces revised plans, 3D rendered images, shop drawings and/or specifications based on those modifications.
• Presents all final shop drawings for sign-off before product is ordered, maintains a soft-copy set of these signed drawings on Pivot’s computer server for future reference.
• May develop calculations including hold-to dimensions for GC as needed. Includes these on the shop drawings.
• Once projects is awarded, visits job sites and conducts preliminary meeting with any or all of the following: architects, structural engineers, building inspectors, clients, GCs, and electrical, data, plumbing, framing, concrete and drywall contractors for feasibility and education of the product offerings.
• Identifies all special equipment, vehicle and project requirements.
• Uses and reads a tape measure to take all site dimensions (width, length height to the nearest 1/16” of an inch). Meets with GC and other trades pre-product delivery to verify that all hold-to dimensions are met. Works with GC and subs to resolve hold-to dimension conflicts and issues.
• Reviews production information and drawings for accuracy and product application.
• Develops job duration, phasing and special requirements for installation as well as vendors. Communicates required equipment list, does all material take-off’s for seismic bracing, adhesives, and any other non-manufacturer supplied materials essential to completing the job.
• Puts project duration data into project management software and provides client / GC and or architect with project schedule.
• Attends all required project meetings.
• Responsible for delivery for all products and is responsible for reporting damage to all vendors within 24 hours of receipt.
• Available onsite as needed. Coordinates all Construction Solutions related activities with other trades.
• Resolves any technical product related issues including: hidden damage, missing- sub-assemblies, defective parts. Reports defects to manufacturer.
• Orders replacement products as needed.
• Develops and tracks change orders for scope changes and site conditions. Collects signature for client or GC.
• Develops charge-backs to manufacturer as needed.
• Works with team members to ensure that the job is completed per the quote.
• Inspects quality of workmanship and ensures conformance.
• Conducts final walk-through with client representative at completion of project and obtains all sign-offs.
• Prepares detailed punch list and forwards to team within 24 hours.
• Obtains final client acceptance and sign-off upon completion of the installation.
• Acts as primary point of contact for service or warranty related work, responsible for warranty schedules and supervises the warranty / service work.
• Processes claims per vendor requirements.
• Closes out all warranty claims with the manufacturer.
The Construction Solutions PM/Designer customarily coordinates actions of multiple supporting positions within the project team.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires Bachelor's degree in, Architecture, Construction Mgt, Interior Design, Engineering, or Facilities Mgt from a four-year college or university; plus 2-5 years industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under some supervision. Primary job functions typically require exercising independent judgment. Working knowledge of Snag It, MS Office, Microsoft Project. Solid understanding of Construction Solutions and how they go together. Understanding of interior construction - architectural elements, lighting, electrical, HVAC, local building codes and basic base building knowledge. Familiar with AUTOCAD 2007, Snag It, MS Office. Certified on both ICE and ICECAD.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance