Construction Solutions Sales Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Pivot Interiors, Inc.
Santa Clara, CA
Demonstrates and sells dealer-represented architectural products and services at client sites and from showroom as required. Provides leadership in developing a business model for technology products. Responsible for the achievement of quarterly and annual sales goals for volume and margins, and the development of new business while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• The “in-house expert” for each of the product lines included in the Architectural Products Division.
• Develops a business plan for technology sales within the Construction Solutions group.
• Achieves the sales, gross profit and contribution margin targets as identified in the technology business plan.
• Educates / trains other Pivot employees on benefits of modular architecture, including new product launches.
• Conducts presentations, demonstration, and tours as appropriate at various points in the sales cycle, ensuring thorough orientation to the product and functional design elements both before and after the sale.
• Develops and maintains a sales strategy for all principal target accounts (using Gold Sheet/Blue Sheet methods). Develops and implements a market plan for all assigned accounts. Provides prompt and effective follow-up of leads and new prospects.
• Creates and maintains strong relationships with clients, prospective clients, vendors, and referral sources to increase customer satisfaction and generate referral business.
• Creates unique perspective, understands the client’s value drivers, identifies economic drivers, educates client and provides alternatives, is comfortable discussing money, and can exert appropriate pressure when necessary.
• Develops and participates in leads groups, attends business development functions, cold calls, attends lunch/dinner and other functions with business influencers (brokers, A&D, construction, etc.) and conducts with new prospective clients.
• Promotes and sells design, installation, project management, and other Pivot Interiors products and services.
• Assumes ownership of entire sales process, from initial client contact through final punch list. Works with other team members (design, project management, project coordination, installation, accounting, and sales management) to complete various phases of the design / specification / installation process.
• Ability to review bid drawing documents to determine material take-off and specifications, then develop appropriate scope of work
• Within guidelines for margins, develops accurate price quotations. Secures dealer-held agreements with major clients as required.
• Works with accounting department to provide prompt and courteous follow-up and investigations of delinquent accounts as necessary.
• Maintains a current working knowledge of developments in the industry and related products, applications, and design concepts.
• Consistently devotes time to personal and professional development through a variety of continuing education sources and appropriate business and professional associations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages and coordinates actions of multiple supporting positions within the Architectural Products Division.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED required Bachelor's degree in Construction Mg, Interior Design, Engineering, or Facilities Mg from four-year college or university; at least 2 years equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and practical experience. Real estate, job site and interior construction knowledge not limited to: wall construction, dropped ceiling installation, seismic anchoring, overhead lighting systems, electrical/data installation and California building codes. Experience with general contractors and estimating and negotiating labor costs. Familiar with AutoCAD, ICE software, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and object based design software.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance