This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
EBSCO Industries Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 8646
Experience: 5 years
Job Category: Operations/Management
Education: Bachelors Degree
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Required Travel: No
Location: FL - Panama City Beach/Destin
Travel Percentage: 0
This position is responsible for monitoring and supervising the complete construction of an Alys Beach Home from start to finish. Depending on the size of the homes the superintendent could be running as many as three homes at any given time. This position will be responsible for the home(s) from layout all the way to the finished punch list. The superintendent will be on site and in the office depending on the task at hand. This position is responsible for the correct layout of the home(s) and will need to monitor and check all rough-ins throughout the construction of the home(s). In a block home, it is very difficult to put something back into the walls that should have been there before the wall was built. The superintendent will have to think for and remind the subcontractors of their duties. Throughout the construction of the home(s) the superintendent will be expected to perform the following duties.
* Scheduling- Responsible for producing and maintaining an accurate and compete construction schedule on Microsoft project during the construction of the home(s) for which you are responsible. Accountable for the flow of the home(s) for which you are responsible. Think ahead and plan ahead.
* Cost Control- Responsible for writing all subcontracts and purchase orders for the home(s) for which you are responsible. Write all change orders to the homeowner and subcontractors in a timely fashion. Accountable for the monitoring of the estimate as it relates to the actual costs. Responsible for the accurate cost projections when completing the Financial Status Reporting at the end of every month during the construction of the home(s) for which you are responsible. All of the available software and support will be provided to achieve these responsibilities.
* Communication- Communicating is the most important part of building an AlysBeach home. Be able to communicate openly and often with subcontractors. Keep the communication lines open with the architect and homeowner. Responsible for responding to emails and other forms of correspondence with either your home owner or architect in a timely fashion. Openly discuss all problems and issues as it relates to the home(s) for which you are responsible with the Homebuilding Manager.
* Organization- Maintain an Alys Beach Job Book. This book will be available at all times and have all of the pertinent information concerning the home(s) for which you are responsible. It will contain the estimate, correspondence between owner and architect, subcontractor list with contacts and any and all change orders to subcontractors or the homeowner.
* Quality Control- Accountable for the quality of the home(s) for which you are responsible. Must walk and inspect the quality of the home(s) for which you are responsible daily. It will be a direct reflection on the superintendent s ability to build an Alys Beach Home if the quality is not there. We demand and seek perfection .or as close as we can get.
* Team Member- Be a part of an incredible team at Alys. We all work together to build these homes. We openly communicate with each other and talk about our problems and issues. We have a great team and we want you to be a part of this team so you need to be a team player.
* Estimating Assistance- Assist the Homebuilding Manager and the Project Manager in preparing the estimate and distributing plans.
* Customer Satisfaction- Strive to keep the client happy. Our future as the homebuilders of Alys greatly depends on a happy homeowner. The superintendent will be expected to maintain this standard.
* Bachelors Degree
* 5 years of Superintendent Management Knowledge and Experience.
* Able to read and understand a set of blueprints.
Additional Skills Needed:
* An individual who plans and is flexible in making changes as they need to occur
* Tracks inventory and supplies so that materials remain well stocked
* Strong work ethic and attention to details
* Financial and Accounting background - Projections, Budgets, Cost Controls
* Thrive on instilling confidence in homeowners and keeping them happy.
* Great relationships with subcontractors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top