This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 1/31/2017
Manage construction/colocation process to produce quality sites to customer specifications within the timeframe and budget required by planning, coordinating and managing multiple projects while supervising field employees and subcontractors. Act as on site representative to client with responsibility for ensuring all requirements are clearly communicated to internal team and met within budget and timeframes specified.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* In conjunction with Territory Management, plan, schedule, prioritize and organize material deliveries, equipment, manpower and subcontractors in a manner ensuring that projects progress in an efficient and productive manner. Consider company priorities and customer expectations in all decisions.
* Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on customer specifications and produce quality sites, which meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Inspect job sites daily to ensure construction is performed in accordance with plans, and specifications, and that customer and SBA quality standards are met. Immediately implement corrective action for any deficiencies identified.
* Maintain and enforce all SBA and OSHA safety practices and perform daily job site safety inspections. Immediately stop work on any site where unsafe work practices or conditions exist, regardless of who is performing the work. Conduct weekly job site safety meetings with all employees and subcontractors. Submit report to safety representative on topics discussed and names of those in attendance.
* Inspect subcontractor work daily; ensuring it meets design criteria and quality standards. Ensure that all subcontracted work progresses according to schedule. Immediately notify Territory Management of any schedule, quality or budget impacting issues that cannot be resolved with subcontractor. Perform final inspection on completed work and have any deficiencies corrected, prior to subcontractor demobilizing from site.
* Interface with client s representative on job site to resolve issues, schedule customer provided equipment deliveries and ensure total customer satisfaction.
* Maintain open communication with internal/external field personnel and respond, if possible, or convey their needs and concerns to appropriate office personnel.
* Confirm hours worked and description of work performed for employee(s) with Territory Management.
* Notify Territory Management of resources and equipment needs.
* Provide manager and customer representative with daily status report(s) as required.
* Perform bid walks and submit documentation to Territory Management as required.
* Provide documentation to Territory Management for preparation of project deliverables to client.
* Coordinate delivery of concrete, stone, tower, building, etc. with vendors and Territory Management.
* Participate in pre-construction walks with client and vendors to confirm site layout and staking to ensure correct setbacks, tower orientation and tower anchor distances. Ensure underground utilities have been identified and properly marked.
* Immediately report any vehicle accident or workplace injury to company safety representative.
* Develop and Build Subcontractor Base.
* Ensure all appropriate building permits, NTP(s), and lease status approvals have been received prior to initiating construction.
* Must be able to work extended hours as required to include evenings and weekends.
* Perform other related duties as required to ensure a safe workplace, quality construction and timely completion of each project.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
* Supervise field personnel including but not limited to subcontractors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* One of the following:
o High School diploma or GED required and 1+ year of construction or equipment installation experience, wireless telecom experience preferred.
o Bachelor s degree in a relevant field.
* Ability to effectively lead a crew to the completion of and in conformance with schedule, customer requirements, and budget guidelines.
* Must be computer proficient, having demonstrated intermediate knowledge and ability to work with MS Word and Excel.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Valid Driver s License required, CDL preferred.
* OSHA 10Hr Safety Course preferred.
* Adult First Aid / CPR preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to hear, understand, and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone in an understandable and professional.
* Manual dexterity to input data into the computer, the ten key calculator and operate a fax and or copier.
* Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
* Ability to operate a vehicle for long distances approximately for 9-10 hours per day.
* Walking eighty percent of the day.
* Ability to stoop and bend.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to walk, stand and climb.
* Ability to twist, turn, pull, and push.
* Ability to work extended hours on a consistent basis.
* Overnight travel as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* To be successful in this position, one must possess the ability to work near mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, and in outdoor weather conditions. This position also carries the risk of electrical shock and radiation. The typical work environment typically includes very loud noise levels equivalent to earth moving equipment and jackhammers.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
SBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of SBA to not