Consultant, Abandoned and Unclaimed Property
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Unclaimed Property Consultant ("Consultant") works with a team to assist clients with unclaimed property services, including voluntary disclosures and audit defense. This includes researching issues, reconciling databases, and completing detailed calculations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists Manager and clients in managing state unclaimed property audits.
* Reviews records requested by auditor and other necessary records to identify areas of potential noncompliance.
* Imports client data files into unclaimed property software and makes necessary updates.
* Works with client to develop strategy for mitigating the potential liability.
* Reviews General Ledger Chart of Accounts and Trial Balances.
* Assists with identifying categories of potential unclaimed property liability.
* Quantifies potential liability by property type.
* Suggests strategies to reduce potential liability.
* Prepares reports.
* Maintains workpaper files.
* Researches client unclaimed property statutes and questions.
* Assists with analysis of company s existing unclaimed policies and procedures.
* Conducts interviews of accounting personnel.
* Drafts and edits correspondence.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor s degree or Master s degree or equivalent in Accounting and/or Finance with one to three years unclaimed property, state government audit, or auditing experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid driver s license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities..