Consultant - International Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe International Income Tax Consultant ("Consultant") prepares international tax planning documents and presentations, researches tax issues, responds to client requests, prepares transfer pricing reports, certain international tax compliance, and other special tax projects. This includes researching tax law, documenting planning ideas, and completing detailed models and calculations. This is a unique opportunity to be exposed to many different areas of international tax and gain experience in both compliance and consulting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists Manager in preparing client presentations for proposals, planning strategies, and ideas.
* Prepares detailed models and spreadsheets to reflect proposed tax planning and expected costs and benefits.
* Assists Team Leader, Manager, or Director in developing project workplans and scheduling associated project deliverables.
* Assists in the preparation of international returns and other compliance projects.
* Demonstrates ability to understand the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations for various tax issues; training provided.
* Responds to client requests and corresponds with clients to meet deliverables.
* Performs Internet research and technical writing to support tax positions.
* Travels to client locations to gather and copy tax returns, financial statements, workpapers, tax studies, and other documentation to use in compliance and consulting services.
* Works with Transfer Pricing colleagues to prepare all aspects of transfer pricing reports.
* Prepares memorandums and processes documentation and relevant reports for management's review.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Accounting and/or Finance and one to three years tax-related experience required. Must have excellent organization and time management skills, strong communication skills, and willingness to learn and be a team player.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have beginner's knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid driver's license required.
Requires limited supervisory responsibilities, including training peers and checking work for accuracy and completeness..