- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Consultant, Population Health Advisor
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Consultant, Population Health Advisor
Research & Writing
Share | |Email this job
CONSULTANT, POPULATION HEALTH ADVISOR
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
Population Health Advisor identifies best practices and develops insights to serve hospitals, health systems, and physician groups working in a coordinated health care delivery system to improve care quality and reduce total cost of care. Researchers identify new challenges and opportunities facing health care providers across a range of issues including primary care innovation, care management and care team coordination, behavioral health integration, patient engagement, and community partnership.
Consultants analyze, write, and present original research. Deliverables include research projects, white papers, qualitative and quantitative surveys, blogs, tool kits, webconferences, and more. By evaluating best-demonstrated practices of the world's most progressive organizations, we provide our member institutions with prescriptive guidance and a future vision.
Consultants assume an integral role in executing research initiatives and provide intellectual leadership within teams. Consultants provide guidance to junior staff. Consultants can be involved in all steps of the research process, including analyzing extensive primary and secondary research, developing and testing hypotheses, analyzing findings, and producing and presenting the final deliverables.
This opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
Key skills developed in the Consultant role include the following:
- Strategic and root cause analysis
- Inductive and deductive reasoning
- Hypothesis generation
- Ability to formulate and defend original points of view
- Synthesis of complex ideas
- Persuasive writing
- Quantitative analysis
- Effective use of graphics and visuals to communicate ideas and information
- Creation of long- and short-form deliverables with minimal oversight
Examples of recent Population Health Advisor Research:
- Cross-Continuum Care Management Survey Assessment
- Community Paramedicine: Case Profiles of Successful Care Models
- Population Health Job Description Library
- Medical Neighborhood Primer
- Remote Monitoring Programs for Heart Failure Patients
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor s Degree
- 5-12 years of relevant experience
- Experience with at least one of the following:
- Conducting short-term and long-term research
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Demonstrated interest in health care
- Writing in-depth reports in an academic or professional setting
- MBA, MPH, or other advanced degree
- Ability to quickly determine appropriate analyses and direct analysts to conduct them
- Experience working with clients in a consultative role
- Health care experience
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives in person, in writing, and by phone
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD:
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.