Senior Analyst, Property Tax Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Analyst supports general functions of the practice, such as Property Tax bill/assessment notice processing, mail handling, and scanning, and should have prior experience performing independent research and analytical reviews. The Senior Analyst assists with support of the Property Tax practice and maintains software databases to ensure database and report integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Establishes direct relationships with taxing jurisdictions to verify assessment, tax bill, and deadline information.
* Monitors compliance and filing requirements in conjunction with staff and management.
* Receives, identifies, and sorts all incoming mail on a daily basis.
* Batches tax documents for scanning into scan manager for transmitting information to India resources for processing, where applicable.
* Navigates software databases to print tax returns and identify general account set-up issues.
* Supports Lead Analysts and management in the maintenance of software databases, filing and tracking assessments, appeals, and tax bills.
* Ensures tax bills and assessments are timely processed, including allowing enough time for payment processing by client.
* Responds timely and professionally to all client requests and has daily contact with clients to establish relationships.
* Prepares tax savings and refund calculations for client invoicing, working closely with consultants to track properties throughout the appeal and tax bill process, and manages deadlines accordingly.
* Focuses primarily on complex and/or large taxing jurisdictions.
* Assists with training new Analysts.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High-school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma required. Must have a minimum of three years of property tax experience or other tax-related experience. General knowledge and ability to understand a tax calendar desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Must also have a working knowledge of service-line software specific to the specialty area.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid driver s license required.
There are no supervisory responsibilities. .