Consultant, Property Tax Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Property Tax Consultant ( Consultant ) works with a team to identify tax savings opportunities for clients and to gain an understanding of how the client computes each component of property tax. This includes researching issues, reconciling databases, and completing detailed calculations. The taxing authority verifies the issues, and the Consultant assists the team with this process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works effectively with clients and taxing authorities on a national basis.
* Attends client meetings and property inspections.
* Reviews client property tax records.
* Applies software knowledge to efficiently work with client data.
* Researches tax issues.
* Prepares and reviews property reports and renditions.
* Analyzes assessment notices and determines potential assessment reductions.
* Files appeals.
* Determines liability for development projects.
* Works with tax incentive issues for clients.
* Interacts frequently with members of a team.
* Communicates effectively through written and verbal channels.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor s degree or Master s degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, and/or Economics with one to three years related tax experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid driver s license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities..