Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Sales and Use Tax Consultant ( Consultant ) works with a team to identify tax savings opportunities for clients and to gain an understanding of how the client computes each component of the sales and use tax. This includes researching issues, reconciling databases, and completing detailed calculations. The taxing authority verifies the issues, and the Consultant assists the team with this process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities.
* Travels to client locations to gather and copy tax returns, invoices, purchase orders, and other documentation to use in the audit refund process.
* Reviews documentation and researches issues.
* Works with raw data to complete calculations.
* Drafts filings, such as petitions for redetermination, refund claims, and various other administrative replies.
* Performs other duties as assigned..