Consulting Services Associate - Pre-Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONCONSULTING SERVICES ASSOCIATE
For more than 25 years, Datalink has helped customers apply technology that drives and supports their businesses. Our success in the technology services sector depends on, and is fully measured by, customer business outcomes. As we continue to expand our capabilities around the data center, we remain focused on helping our customers apply technology that impacts their businesses with measurable results. With a strong foundation in servers, storage, and networks, we have evolved with the data center to include virtualization, unified computing, the cloud, IT as a Service, and more. Concurrently as we've grown, so too has the importance of the data center to the enterprise and its impact on business, as well as the delivery vehicles employed.
Throughout the years, technology and business challenges have changed, but the core foundation of our business has remained the same. Listening to customers, understanding their business needs, and knowing how to serve them will always be paramount. As one of the largest data center solutions providers in the U.S., we continue to be known as the single-source IT provider with best practice-based data center offerings, exceptional services and support, and more.
If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
As the CS Associate, your focus is to help support the National Principal team s growth by participating in marketing campaigns across CS competency areas, sales channels and offering based programs for Datalink sales teams. While you are considered part of the presales organization and will on occasion work directly with end users, your primary work will focus on supporting opportunities for AE s and Regional Principals to pursue. Individual reports to CS Managing Principal.
Specific duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
INCREASE AE AND REGIONAL PRINCIPAL PRODUCTIVITY
* Collaborate with Regional Principals and Practice leaders to support and deliver internal offerings leveraging current collateral, templates, and toolkits. Schedule and Host bi-weekly status meetings with Regional Principals on offering status (pipeline).
* Work with Managing Principal, and Deliver VP on developing and improving Solution Desk.
* Develop Solution Desk to ensure key Statement of Work templates and RFP boilerplate language are current and operational in order to create Statements of Work, RFP more efficiently.
* Populate and maintain the SharePoint reference library. Interview Regional Principals to populate the reference library with base information and case study document.
* Support Managing Principal in preparing and delivering periodic cross training (Practice competencies) with Regional Principals.
* Support quarterly internal surveys to CS, AE, and FE communities to collect recommendations on improving CS from both a pre-sales and delivery perspective.
* Perform other tasks supporting sales activity as directed.
DRIVE SALES AND MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
* Develop program materials for Sell-Through opportunities, for current offering based programs, and support field resources in rolling them out
* Draft weekly CS win stories to AS SharePoint site. Notable wins via Datalink All email blast.
* Draft notable wins for CEO review and quarter earnings call.
* Ensure one client success story press release every quarter by working with Marketing, AE s, and Regional Principals
* Work with Managing Principal, Regional Principals, and AE s to plan, execute and follow-up on business development campaigns. Ensure proper tracking in SFDC, tying leads to opportunities.
IMPROVE SALES REPORTING
* Support Data Quality initiative with CS Sales, working with Managing Principal, and RVPs to ensure accuracy and completeness of data in SFDC
* Maintain Naked Migration , and ADM-L reports bi-weekly
* Track progress on sales campaigns and key performance indicators
* Ensure sales update is prepared for weekly Ops Call
* Support Regional Principals to draft weekly Sales update for Regional Updates
* Support Regional Principals and Business Operations to support book to bill forecasts weekly
* Develop bi weekly COO updates
* Define and develop sales analytics to gain insights to accelerate CS Growth
All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization. Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required.
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Communications, or Technology discipline or 2 years related industry experience in lieu of degree.
* 2+ years relevant work experience in the technology industry or similar role.
* Comfort with and ability to grasp technical data and communicate to a broad range of technical and non-technical people.
* Literate in MS office, Outlook and customer relationship management applications.
* Able to multi-task and must be self-driven.
* Able to travel, not to exceed 20% of the time
All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check. Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.