Consulting Systems Engineer 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Ideal candidate would have
Software presales experience - selling enterprise software to the large enterprise.
Working with & Architecting specific Technical Solutions related to SaaS, OpenStack, Analytics and Cloud
Conducting Proof of concepts at customer sites for enterprise software, hardware products
Adept with ROI presentations
Expert at whiteboarding, powerpoint based presentations and live + remote demonstrations
Heterogeneous Storage domain knowledge - EMC/NetApp/HDS/HP/IBM hands-on experience is not a requirement, but ability to speak to end users managing heterogeneous gear is a big plus
Knowledge of Storage Resource management industry, key players and how different offerings compare to each other
Business value selling skills sell to different personas in the account and create business value for OCI
A strong desire to be associated with the industry leading Storage Resource Management software product - NetApp OnCommand Insight
Nice to have
Selling Storage software presales in the large enterprise accounts
Business Intelligence (Cognos and/or BusinessObjects) experience.
SQL experience - SQL joins and other client level SQL
Familiarity with ITIL
Positive attitude - look for solutions not problems
Ability to work with multiple extended account teams across the entire value delivery chain - sales/presales/services/support/product management/marketing/
Ability to execute on multiple parallel engagements - excellent prioritization is a must have
Education and Experience
- 8 to 12 years of experience is preferred.
- Experience at EMC preferred
- A Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; or related field is required; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth.
- Prior experience as a Product Manager, Technical Marketing manager, Systems engineer, solutions architect in a Storage h/w, s/w sales, product development role
Full time / Part time
USA - New Jersey - Edison
USA - New York - New York City
USA - PA - Philadelphia
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.