Consulting Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Standard is looking for a Consulting Systems Engineer experienced in driving innovation, automation and efficiency through dynamic engineering, architectural standards, and building strong relationships. Join an engineering team who is actively modernizing its hosting infrastructure and architecting for the future at Portland s largest downtown employer. This role is a high level position designed to be a mentor, soundboard and driver of infrastructure delivery across multiple disciplines. You will have the opportunity to influence the technical direction and execution across all infrastructure technologies, from cloud to middleware and from database to hosting platforms.
We are looking for someone who has demonstrated delivery expertise with multiple infrastructure disciplines, across multiple teams, and the drive to learn new technologies. Candidates need to possess strong technical skills and exceptional soft skills (Consulting, Requirements Solicitation, Leadership, Critical Thinking and end to end Systems thinking). The candidate who will excel in this position is part Engineer, part Analyst, and part Coach. Strong core hosting platform experience (e.g. Unix, Linux, Windows), storage experience (e.g. SAN, IaaS, NAS), networking, middleware and database (MS SQL, Oracle).
Candidate will work extensively with peers in other infrastructure disciplines to engineer, design, and implement technology changes and enhancements. Successful candidates will work exceptional well in a collaborative team environment and have experience dealing with sourcing partners for operations and support services.
Candidate will focus implementing new technologies and enhancement to existing technologies. This may result in the need to develop new processes and coach teams through adoption. Candidate may often need to stand as the sole expert for solutions and direction.
* Insatiable appetite for change and a relentless passion to automate and empower business with technology.
* Broad knowledge of several Infrastructure areas including; networking, telephony, Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, Storage, Office365, and Automation tools including Puppet, Jenkins, and Git
* Ability to understand systems engineering concepts and apply those to IT Infrastructure
* Ability to elicit requirements from technical and non-technical team members.
* Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
* Exercise wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
* Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies. Often serves as consultant to management and external spokesperson for the organization.
* Proven track record of bringing multiple projects to closure on time and with full performance.
* Ability to work with contractors, consultants and support teams as a virtual team that may be geographically separated.
* Demonstrated ability to take personal ownership of systems and or platforms and while working collaboratively within a team; initiative is a must.
* Experience as technical leader on projects, with the ability to chart the technical course and energize team members to assist with project work.
* Ability to create and maintain clear and detailed operational documentation
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
* 10-15 years of experience as an Infrastructure Engineer in multiple disciplines.
* 10 years of experience in large enterprise technology environment supporting multiple Infrastructure areas.
* 10 years of experience developing multi-technology Infrastructure solutions
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, please visit the URL: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf,