Consumer Banking Relationship Manager 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnd/Client Permanent Opportunity
NJ Based Financial Institution
US Citizens and Green Card Holders Only
OPPORTUNITY: The Consumer Banking Relationship Manager is responsible for managing relationships with the bank's direct consumer clientele, as well as with our Client's business partners that serve consumers. This position will be responsible for all facets of managing the consumer portfolio including, but not limited to CONSUMER CREDIT CARDS, overdrafts, credit builders, AUTO LOANS, PERSONAL LOANS AND LINES, as well as all facets of consumer finance compliance. Oversees preparation of all loan documentation required to process and close consumer loans. THIS PERSON WILL HAVE THE UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD, MANAGE AND GROW THIS DEPARTMENT.
* Responsible for underwriting, reviewing, analyzing, and determining individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines.
* Responsible for underwriting reviewing, analyzing, and recommending business relationships that have an underlying consumer finance component.
* Ensure that all credit applications are completed accurately and relevant compliance materials and decisions are rendered within time limits imposed by regulation.
* Properly track all consumer credit applications.
* Contact customers and internal partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decision.
* Prepare, track and send all declination letters according to Bank policy and industry guidelines in a timely manner.
* Accurately review financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios (i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value).
* Re-negotiate loans based on lending guidelines.
* Accurately prepare formal credit write-ups and reports for review and approval by Senior Management, Senior Loan Committee or Board of Directors.
* Initiate and follow through with receipt of appraisals/evaluations with outside vendor for both new and existing consumer loans.
* Prepare accurate loan documentation ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold Bank policy and industry guidelines.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
* College degree
* Knowledge of consumer loan products and compliance related issues
* TILA/RESPA integrated disclosure (TRID) compliance knowledge