Continuous Improvement Analyst III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 2/17/2017
Responsible for developing and deploying Continuous Improvement (TEOA) throughout the assigned Value Stream to drive flawless execution with TEOA tools and methods that are flexible, reliable, and responsive.
Implements, under the direction of the Value Stream Manager and process direction from the TEOA Site Leader. The TEOA system ensures a safe work environment, drives quality improvements, provides premier customer service, develops a qualified workforce, and reduces operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvement in the site systems. Partners with the Value Stream Manager to oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and annual operational and financial expectations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Key tasks of the job:
* Partners with the Value Stream Manager on the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of TEOA within the assigned VSM to eliminate waste and achieve targets.
* Responsible for coordinating with the Site Process Leader the inclusion of improvement recommendations into the TEOA System Design.
* The TEOA Value Stream Leader will be responsible for coaching the value stream production team members in achieving the Value Stream Key Performance Indicator objectives aligned with the site performance and TEOA goals.
* Supports the integration of previously unconnected processes (departments) into one interconnected extended value stream as seen from the customer s perspective.
* Supports the development and utilization of current and future state value stream maps to identify strategic projects and corresponding rolling 6-month implementation plans that are aligned with the company s strategic direction.
* Foster the adoption of continuous improvement as a way life; creating a culture of change.
* Work with internal/external suppliers and customers on improving the total enterprise (extended VSM) using the TEOA system.
* Assist in defining and supports standardized programs to educate employees in the principles of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
* Assist in the identification and cross leverage of best practices across the entire operation.
* Build strong and positive working relationships with all functional areas.
* With the Value Stream Manager, support the identification of production requirements within the Value Stream ensuring alignment with process departments (molding, stamping, plating, etc.) on needed capacity and priorities to achieve the Value Stream goals along with the development and deployment of appropriate planning, replenishment and signaling tools and methodologies aligned with PFEP.
* The TEOA Value Stream Leader along with the Value Stream Manager will be responsible for developing and deploying the value stream daily accountability process and employing problem solving methodologies to determine root cause and develop countermeasures for misses to daily targets, identifying and ensuring resolution of system issues and ensuring the successful accomplishment of extended value stream customer expectations.
* The TEOA Value Stream Leader will ensure consistent application of TEOA methodology and standard work in alignment with TEOA peers and TEOA site/process leader.
Qualifications & experience required:
* Must be certified TEOA Practitioner or willing to acquire within the first year.
* 3-5 years of professional experience with focus on production, logistics or engineering and financial knowledge. Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or related field required; Master preferred.
* At least 2 years of experience in leading continuous improvement activities on site level.
* Team Leadership; ability to lead associates through coaching and mentoring.
* Highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams to implement change
* Can communicate with all levels to get everyone on board.
* Strong planning/organization & time management skills
* Track record of successful project management
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, utilize process and value stream mapping, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
* Ability to effectively and efficiently lead cross functionally as well as with suppliers and customers.
* Fluent in both spoken and written English and local language is essential.
* Working knowledge of the manufacturing processes
* Have the patience, perseverance and passion to drive the TEOA culture across the plant.
* Credibility and experience to work effectively and directly with the senior on-site leadership team
* Excellent communication and coaching skills at all levels from the shop floor to top management (Strong team leader)
* Ability to think strategically and execute tactically (i.e. deliver results)
* Analytically minded and data-driven. The candidate must also have a holistic overview of complex situations and deal effectively with difficult issues when they arise.
* Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus
* Experience in the automotive industry is a plus, but not a prerequisite.