Continuous Improvement Coordinator - Hattiesburg, MS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONContinuous Improvement Coordinator - Hattiesburg, MS
Do you have a background in lean manufacturing? Do you enjoy finding ways to improve efficiency? Utilize your skills and join Kohler Company today as a Continuous Improvement Coordinator at Kohler Engines in Hattiesburg MS!
The Continuous Improvement Coordinator serves as continuous improvement (CI) leader for the Hattiesburg Engine Plant. This role uses knowledge of CI to recognize opportunities for improvement of all processes, manufacturing and administrative. The Continuous Improvement Coordinator will train and mentor business process owners in the concepts of CI and the tools used and will work with Staff to develop a CI strategy for the facility. This position will develop a culture of CI by leading improvement activities involving associates from all levels of the plant organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Use knowledge of key facets of CI including problem solving, process layout, flow, business process redesign, change management, Kaizen, Kanban, and TPM to train process owners in the concepts of building a culture of continuous improvement based upon lean thinking.
* Use Kohler six-step improvement model for problem solving.
* Train a core group of associates on the basic tools of CI/Lean including 5S, visual management, standard work, value stream mapping, SMED, glass walls and error proofing.
* Use expertise to identify a controlled number of activities with a short term focus that will yield success and expected gains. Lead these activities employing the core group of trained associates as learning lines to demonstrate use of Lean/CI tools and begin to develop in-house expertise.
* Monitor results of these activities to maintain the gains. Work with process owners to ensure they understand their role in this.
* Develop a small group of associates as in-house experts, ultimately becoming facilitators of lean activities as we spread the knowledge and develop the culture through the organization. This should eventually become a rotational program moving people through in 3-6 months.
* Work with plant manager and staff peers to develop a long term strategy for deployment of Lean/CI throughout Engines - Hattiesburg
* Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years' experience with tools and methods in a lean, continuous improvement or other known improvement system.
* Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment preferred.
* Demonstrated experience in the following:
* Ability to teach, mentor, and coach across multiple levels of an operation (shop floor to plant manager) so that the customer can maintain and improve standard developed through Kaizen events.
* Proven ability to use systematic problem solving to solve technical challenges
* Professional communication ability - both written and verbal. Communicates succinctly with the customer (audience) in mind.
* Excellent team facilitation skills. Build teams in a collaborative work style; previous successful experience in team building and motivating others.
* Strong leadership and change agent skills. Able to overcome obstacles using positive facilitation, teamwork, and influence through building and maintaining relationships.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio (Access preferred), Sharepoint preferred.
Why Work at Kohler?
Kohler's mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.