Continuous Improvement Engineer 8/31/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: The Continuous Improvement (CI) Engineer will work with the management team to develop and implement new initiatives; modify and improve existing processes; facilitate audits; provide support for APQP and PPAP; and manage lab testing activities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established diverse manufacturer with a Grand Rapids headquarters. The company has been nationally recognized for its safety initiatives and is focused on providing top-notch customer service.
LOCATION: Grand Rapids (North Side)
POSITION TYPE: Direct Hire - Fulltime
PAY: Commensurate with experience
SCHEDULE: 1st shift
* 10+ years of experience in manufacturing operations and process support with knowledge of ISO9000, TS16949, AS9000, or industry equivalents required
* Experience with lean manufacturing tools such as 5S, standard work, value stream maps, visual management techniques, and kaizen required
* Experience with continuous improvement and quality management tools such as root cause analysis, 5-Why, Six Sigma, and Pareto charts required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce reports and deliver presentations to the management team, employees, and customers, required
* 3+ years of casting, machining operations, and processes preferred
ABOUT EXPRESS EMPLOYMENT PROFESSIONALS:
Express Employment Professionals' specialized recruiting division specializes in a variety of niche industries, including engineering, advanced manufacturing, skilled trades, management, sales and marketing, and human resources. We are able to fill these needs through direct hire and contract opportunities. There is no fee to candidates for our service; we are a Human Resources Solution company assisting business in finding top talent. In 2015, we put over 2500 people to work in the West Michigan area. Let us help you today!