Continuous Improvement Engineer (Melt Shop) - GER01863
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The major role of this job is to identify opportunities for improvement in processes, products, and production within the Melt Shop. These duties will include the development and implementation of new as well as adjusting existing standards, structures, systems, and equipment. The Improvement Facilitator is responsible for ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of all improvement aspects within their area of responsibility, and will be responsible for reaching improvement through the application of the available methods and tools provided. Responsible for coordinating improvement activities directly with the appropriate Superintendent, Routine Facilitator, and staff within area of responsibility.
This position reports to the department Superintendent, and coordinates efforts with the different functional groups both within area of responsibility and other areas of the location. The successful Improvement Facilitator would be detail oriented and must be comfortable dealing with associates at all levels within the organization, as they will be responsible for the oversight, contribution to, and support of all the trainings and development activities for employees of the Wilton Melt Shop. Duties & Responsibilities
* Maintain goal and project data bases. Perform trend analysis on the performance data as well as identify commonalities within the data.
* Identify and solve chronic/repetitive problems and failures as well as reduce process variation.
* Implement and coordinate CAPEX projects and Annual Action Plan Improvement Projects.
* Collaborate with Routine Facilitators on subjects pertaining to the processes, improvement standards, CAPEX standards, audits, 5S initiatives, failure analysis, results management, Failure Analysis, 6 Sigma, and other process improvement methodologies.
* Facilitate training sessions for all employees on the improvement methodologies, tools and processes
* 4-year degree in Engineering, with preference to Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
* 2+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment
* Proven experience in data analysis and process improvement project leadership
* A history of collaborating with people and teams at all levels of the organization including salaried and hourly staff
* A record of leading and driving change through teaching, coaching and mentoring
* Lean and/or Six Sigma certification(s) preferred
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.