Continuous Improvement Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 3/22/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
Facilitates Continuous Improvement (CI) implementation and employee involvement in a fast-paced manufacturing facility. Primary objectives include: planning and overseeing equipment, office, and facility layout to reduce cost, maximize productivity and avoid waste; developing and conducting training programs to improve employee awareness and involvement; meet operational productivity goals aligned with annual budgetary and lean enterprise objectives to meet customer service and quality requirements.
Support and plan continuous improvement events
Conduct lean enterprise training workshops
Engage employee involvement teams
Create business cases for reduction of costs
Maintain facility blue prints
Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Bachelor s degree in Engineering required industrial engineer is preferred.
* Three (3) or more years work experience in manufacturing environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF:
Training or experience in lean tools and techniques
AutoCAD or simulation experience
Knowledge of practical problem solving/8D
* Documenting information for further evaluation.
* Reading manufacturing sketches and customer specifications.
* REQUIRED SKILL IN:
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, associates, departments, outside vendors, and other teams.
* Operating a personal computer with proficiency in related technical and specialized software.
* Proficiency in Excel 2007 required.
* Reading and following detailed work instructions.
* Making independent judgments and decisions.
* Presenting and delivering information effectively.
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills essential. Must be self-directed and detail oriented.
* Maintaining confidentiality.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
GKN Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)