Continuous Improvement Expert 9/13/2016
Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Based in Waterford, New York, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones, quartz and advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of innovation and being first to market with performance applications that improve everyday life. Our solutions are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living and we work closely with some of the biggest brands in B2B and consumer worlds, covering a broad range of markets - from aerospace and automotive, to building and construction, personal care, and electronics.
Momentive materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Momentive, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Momentive, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Expert (former Black Belt Title) is a member of the Waterford CI team reporting to the Continuous Improvement Leader.
The primary focus of the role will be to help implement a Lean culture across the organization.
This new organizational culture will exude a winning attitude leveraging both external and internal best practices and constantly challenging itself to improve.
The CI Expert is responsible for training, coaching and mentoring employees - driving a Continuous Improvement Mindset for their areas of responsibility.
This role interfaces with operators, supervisors, engineers, technologists, functional leaders, and other CI Experts to ensure effective implementation.
Drive delivery of year-over-year sustainable improvements to critical business metrics to ensure above average growth and market competitiveness.
* Lead and mentor Lean, DMAIC, transactional, and productivity savings projects.
* Use standard global Continuous Improvement program tools & methods while working with functional & regional leaders, and deploy high impact regional and functional projects using Continuous Improvement methodology that support the businesses, functions and manufacturing plant sites.
* Develop project scope, objectives and metrics that coach, mentor and assist project teams and provide input on priorities.
* Lead delivery of training in support of the business training plan and drive Continuous Improvement cultural growth in conjunction with Momentive's Continuous Improvement mindset.
* Facilitate the sharing of best practices and monitor the consistency of the process across site and functional deployments.
* Work closely with CI Leader to deploy Continuous Improvement across all business functions as directed.
* Work with process owners to translate functional goals into Lean Continuous Improvement strategies/projects, and quantifiable results.
* Manage project development and selection, development of project plans, financial evaluations and metrics identification; follow toll gate reviews; maintain project database and reporting systems.
* Coach, train, and develop CI Practitioner, Champions, and executives in Continuous Improvement methodology.
* Achieve MPM CI certification
* Partner with the organization to drive business success using CI tools and methodologies and aligning Sponsors, Champions and the CI Leader to obtain the necessary resources and to remove roadblocks.
Key Metrics (KPI s)
* Safety Performance
* Cost per Kg produced
* On Time In Full (OTIF) Service Metric
* Quality Performance
* Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
* Lean Maturity Level
* Continuous Improvement Organization
* Manufacturing Sector and Site Leaders
* Site Environmental, Health and Safety Leaders
* Technology Site Leaders
* Functional Leaders
* Safety Culture Leader
* Director Internal Communications
* Director Learning and Development
* Director Engineering
* Minimum of 3 -5 years experience in operations, technical, or manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrated project management skills.
* Good written and oral English communication skills
* Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
* A track record of Continuous Improvement efforts with proven successful sustained outcomes.
* Program management experience required, including familiarity with project management tools and techniques.
* PMI or Green Belt certification is a plus
* Strong analytical expertise coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to all levels.
* Prior experience coaching/mentoring; desire to develop skills in this area essential. Demonstrated Change management skills a plus.
* High energy, desire and courage to learn new skills and assume broader roles in the organization
* Energetic self-starter with strong leadership skills
* Deliver on commitments: proven track record of sustainable performance
* Experience leading cultural transformations.
* Proficient in:
* Value Stream Mapping,
* Kaizen facilitation,
* Kanban calculation and planning,
* Visual Controls and Visual Factory,
* A3 Problem Solving,
* Statistical Techniques and Designed Experiments,
* DfSS (DMEDI, DMADV or other)
* Hoshin Planning
The successful candidate should possess an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Engineering or a related field of study.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Percent of Travel