Continuous Improvement Intern
TE Connectivity has a Continuous Improvement summer internship available in Greensboro, NC within the Automotive Business Unit. This position will support the TEOA (TE Operating Advantage) team and the deployment of the Continuous Improvement culture (TEOA) throughout the assigned Value Stream to drive flawless execution with TEOA tools and methods that are flexible, reliable, and responsive.
This position will partners with the TEOA practitioner and the Value Stream Manager to oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and annual operational and financial expectations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Partners with the TEOA and Practitioner and Value Stream Manager on the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of TEOA within the assigned VSM to eliminate waste and achieve targets.
* Support the inclusion of improvement recommendations into the TEOA System Design.
* Coach the value stream production team members in achieving the Value Stream Key Performance Indicator objectives aligned with the site performance and TEOA goals.
* Supports the integration of previously unconnected processes (departments) into one interconnected extended value stream as seen from the customer s perspective.
* Supports the development and utilization of current and future state value stream maps to identify strategic projects and corresponding rolling 6-month implementation plans that are aligned with the company s strategic direction.
* Foster the adoption of continuous improvement as a way life; creating a culture of change.
* Work with internal/external suppliers and customers on improving the total enterprise (extended VSM) using the TEOA system.
* Assist in defining and supports standardized programs to educate employees in the principles of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
* Assist in the identification and cross leverage of best practices across the entire operation.
* Build strong and positive working relationships with all functional areas.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented sophomore or junior currently working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and who meets the following qualifications:
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Demonstrated project management capabilities with an emphasis on strategic thinking, teamwork, and results-driven implementation
* Comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple projects
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
* Understand and execute project solving techniques to identify solutions
* Have the patience, perseverance and passion to drive the TEOA culture across the plant.