Continuous Improvement Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting to the CI Manager, this position will drive the execution of the site's continuous improvement initiatives designed to eliminate non-value added activities while improving operational excellence. Assists in the identification and proliferation of manufacturing best practices. Will be responsible for the support of an operational excellence culture throughout all plant operations with emphasis on sustainable development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and business operating plan.
* Assist in designing new procedures and methods for operational processes.
* By utilizing projects charters with deliverables, will work with site leaders to identify, modify, and sustain desired changes including reducing waste and improving inefficiencies.
* Mentor employees to realize benefits from all continuous improvement initiatives and act as a change agent to the site/organization.
* Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and prioritize improvement opportunities with the management team.
* Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to strategic execution. Provide strategic insight and evaluation of the organizations progression.
* Act as a mentor for the Continuous Improvement leadership, supervisory staff and front line personnel.
* Participate in developing and influencing strategy, planning, and execution depending on project or initiative needs.
* Experience guiding team progress for continuous improvement projects/programs.
* Experience designing, implementing and leading continuous improvement projects/programs.
* Must have thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity and throughput improvement.
* Hands-on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma, TQM).
* Proven leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects.
* Excellent project management skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Advanced problem solving capabilities, attention to detail and numerical aptitude.
* Bachelor's Degreerequired.
* Minimum 5 years experience in operations.
* Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification required.