Continuous Improvement Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Esterline Engineered Materials
Continuous Improvement Manager
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and Engineered Materials markets.
Company Name: Esterline Engineered Materials, Kirkhill-TA
Industry: Aerospace Products & Services
Esterline Engineered Materials is seeking a talented, dedicated and self-motivated Continuous Improvement Manager with project management experience. This individual will champion, through leadership, guidance and hands-on participation, implementation of E3 (Esterline Enterprise Excellence) through LEAN Manufacturing, improved Quality and Delivery and a Continuous Improvement culture.
A key area of focus is support of the implementation and sustainment of the Esterline Operating System (EOS) in a manufacturing and support environment. This position is ideal for someone with demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvement activities through the utilization of LEAN tools and processes.
* Develop and lead implementation of strategies supporting EOS and E3
* Manage / monitor progression of the site through the Enterprise Excellence Assessment (EEA) criteria
* Identify risks to EEA progression goals and implement mitigations
* Interface with the platform Continuous Improvement director and other site Continuous Improvement focal teams
* Exercise leadership through training coordination, coaching and communication of best practices
* Chair the local site Guidance Management Team (GMT)
* Facilitate the annual Policy Deployment & Macro Planning process and monthly reviews
* Educate and train leaders and employees on E3 tools and other continuous improvement methods and processes.
* Drive the use of the E3 tools (e.g. 5S, Standard Work, TPM, etc.) across the organization to reduce lead times and the cost of poor quality and improve product first pass yield and on-time delivery
* Facilitate strategic Kaizen Events and execute site wide leadership weeks in conjunction with platform peers
* Drive the organization to recognize and attain best in class performance and processes through benchmarking activities inside and outside of the Esterline businesses. Support standard work development efforts for both manufacturing and non-manufacturing business processes
* Motivate and mentor others and lead by example through active participation
* Manage and develop a high performing Continuous Improvement team
* Support the LEAN Transformation Teams to ensure project success.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies.
* 8+ years of relevant continuous improvement or LEAN experience
* 2+ years managing and developing a team of direct reports
* Relevant industry experience strongly preferred
* Strong knowledge and application of LEAN tools, TPM, Six Sigma methodology or other quality improvement processes
* Experience in planning and leading events/workshops, project management, team building/facilitation and event coordination
* Powerful team building skills with the ability to lead and coach multi-discipline project teams and plan schedules to achieve goals
* Strong initiative to act and ability to empower and mentor others to succeed throughout all levels of a matrixed organization
* Experience in leading culture change
* Experience with creating, modifying and delivering training to all levels of an organization
* Solid professional presentation and reporting skills in a variety of environments and with a variety of media
* Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Highly customer focused with the ability to develop solid relationships at all levels within a matrixed organization
* Ability to travel as needed in the US and internationally
* Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of business, engineering or other technical field
* Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification strongly preferred
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).