Continuous Improvement Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Bemis Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Posted Date
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
English | Spanish
Bemis Company creates exceptional packaging for food, consumer product, healthcare, and industrial applications. We work collaboratively with forward-thinking companies to find better ways to succeed. Our strategic objectives are to accelerate growth, focus innovation, and continuously improve, all aimed at improving financial performance toward our long-term targets. Our Vision is: passionate commitment to the growth and success of our customers will make Bemis the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions.
Founded in 1858, Bemis reported 2015 net sales of $4.1 billion. Bemis has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 17,000 individuals worldwide
More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
This position is responsible for deploying, implementing and leading Continuous Improvement initiatives and facilitating World Class Operations Management methodologies for the plant. The incumbent is a member of the plant leadership team and will be assigned additional responsibilities in other functional areas as required to deliver the plant s annual operating plan.
* Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
* Facilitate deployment and integrate the philosophy of WCOM into the culture of the Plant.
* Identify the highest value cost savings projects and coordinate the various project teams assigned to ensure proper resourcing to drive completion of projects.
* As a member of the plant leadership team, also involved in daily production and operations issues to insure that we produce a quality product, deliver against our committed customer service goals, and optimize efficiency/productivity.
* Be recognized as a leader and problem solver at the site by providing leadership and expertise that will solve problems and improve performance.
* Motivate, coach and instill good management skills in engineers, shift supervisors, and hourly employees. Establish a strong presence on the floor to set and communicate expectations, standards, and evaluate results so all employees understand expectations.
* Initiate and lead employee training to further instill the continuous improvement skill set in the organization. Develop new processes and programs as need and where gaps exist.
* Led major projects as necessary to improve plant results.
* Be able to extract useful data from a variety of systems to facilitate identification of improvement opportunities.
* Coordinates the work necessary to improve our overall Continuous Improvement results as measured by regularly scheduled audits.
* Assist in generating reporting tools and progress reporting for assigned business areas.
* Facilitate a process of best practice sharing internally within the plant as well as externally with peers and other facilities.
* Management of communication process to present the status of plant improvement projects.
* Lead project selection process and drive policy deployment so that all employees have a clear understanding of goals and objectives for a successful year.
* Bachelors Degree is required. Prefer a major in a technical background such as engineering or industrial technology.
* 5 years of operations management experience is preferred
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, SAP
* Ability to drive change and overcome obstacles.
* Demonstrate and foster Bemis Core Values and actively contributes to a high performance culture.
* Demonstrated ability to absorb new technologies and management techniques.
* Utilize an approachable and participative style in motivating people to achieve higher standards and performance levels.
* Experience implementing lean principles or other continuous improvement methodologies preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer