Continuous Improvement Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
State of the Art Food Processing Plant is looking for a full-time Continuous Improvement Manager to support operations team. The position requires high level of creativity, exceptional organization and project management skills. Must be able to coordinate all operational aspects of diverse project work and work productively with a wide range of people and job levels, both internally and externally to achieve objectives.
Ten or more years in operations, continuous improvement project experience, training and development, TPM, and Lean Six-Sigma.
* Excellent PC skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
* Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and maintain confidentiality of all interactions and communications.
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Excellent project management capability.
* Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with ability to improve and promote quality.
Directs and coordinates high level projects regarding continuous process improvements in an industrial organization by performing the following duties.
* Maintain inventory of work including Best Practice processing parameters.
* Assist with reviews of specification sheets and Standard operating Procedures.
* Responsible to be highly engaged in Safety culture through active participation in huddles, meetings, audits, and investigations. Actively look for ways to improve safe processes and behaviours aimed at accident prevention.
* Ensures process controls are established and adhered to in order for operational consistency and efficiency while producing the highest possible level of product Quality and Food safety.
* Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Responsible for achieving targets for Efficiency, waste, and direct costs.
* Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
* Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
* Ensure compliance of all employees to weekly / monthly training schedule.
* Work closely with other departments in order to achieve organizational goals.
* Bachelors degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* SAP knowledge
* Experience in Safety
* SQF experience; GMP, Food Safety knowledge
* Continuous Improvement experience; TPM, and Lean Six-Sigma
* Bilingual English / Spanish preferred
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.