Continuous Improvement Manager 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mining & Metals--Davenport, IA--Salary Commensurate with Experience
* Company offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
* Company is growing and creating opportunities for upward mobility.
* Establish your career with a leading manufacturer of cutting edge products!
POSITION SUMMARY OF CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
Seeking Continuous Improvement Manager to lead the implementation, training, teaching, coaching, support, and management of a world-class continuous improvement system using lean and six sigma techniques. The role requires approximately 10%travel to the various sites within North America. The Improvement Manager is a key support and a cornerstone of the company.
MINIMUM EDUCATION Lean certification required, includes both education and hands-on ability to lead teams and implement improvements.
* Ability to successfully manage cross-functional teams, implement improvement within an established time frame, then sustain improvements.
* High energy, data driven, and results-oriented.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
* Must be comfortable teaching and presenting to large groups at all levels of the company.
* Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Oracle, and various analysis tools.
* Willing to travel and relocate for future career opportunities with the company.
* CMRP or SMRP certification preferred.
* Process/Technical or Operations experience with proven track record of lean concepts.
DUTIES implement permanent corrective actions to mitigate probability of reoccurrence.
* Lead/facilitate FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) on all equipment/processes in plant.
* Be a resource for operations, maintenance, HSE and supply chain in support of delivering plant business objectives.
* Support regional and global team.
* Spend 75% of working time on the plant floor focusing on employee engagements and teaching the lean concepts.