Continuous Improvement Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is one of the world's leading manufacturer of automotive components. This world class firm designs, develops and manufactures a broad range of products for both the OEM and aftermarket segments. This company is offering great compensation, benefits packages and substantial future career growth.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER SUMMARY:
The Continuous Improvement Manager will coordinate and lead the continuous improvement initiatives. They are responsible for waste identification and elimination across the plant and have the ability to work cross functionally with other departments. They will drive continuous Improvement and deliver manufacturing improvements.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Building project plan to CI projects, including resources, timeline, critical paths, etc.
* Lead multiple process improvement initiatives to a quantifiable result in defect reduction, cost avoidance, loss reduction or revenue enhancement.
* Ability to work with and/or manage cross-functional teams to define and plan scope for projects from initiation through implementation and operational transition.
* Serve as internal expert on process improvement tools and techniques focusing on LeanSix Sigma and coach process owners and leadership.
* Capable of developing and documenting new business processes and/or optimizing existing processes as required.
* Strong focus on process improvement for Operations.
* Analytical mindset with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities and quantify their costs and benefits.
* Recommend and facilitate quality and change management processes to align with strategic needs.
* Utilize Six Sigma, Lean and other process improvement tools.
* Provides training and mentorship to employees utilizing LeanSix Sigma tools and techniques
* Performing gap analysis to identify deficiencies in business processes and recommending adjustments.
* Linking process deficiencies directly to bottom line impact.
* Driving resolution of process deficiencies using statistical and financial justification.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Solid understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean-Tools and proven track record of implementation.
* 5 years of progressive work experience with Lean Sigma Systems
* MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH A TIER 1 AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIER