Continuous Improvement Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Fort Mill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Reporting to the Director of Continuous Improvement and supporting the Paper and Pulp Manufacturing Division, this position is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the Continuous Improvement initiative across North America. This role will act as a coach, consultant, advisor, organizer, and subject matter expert on Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, and similar Quality and Continuous Improvement tools and concepts. This is a key role in driving the cultural and operational transformation efforts. It will require daily, weekly, and on-going management skills to support site-level and enterprise-wide initiatives. This role will monitor and ensure strategies, principles, practices, and tools are incorporated in the culture and operational processes. This position implements and supports improvement actions which may include, but are not limited to: production efficiency, reliability, safety, quality, and margin expansion.
The perfect candidate will be able to balance the skills of Project Management, Continuous Improvement and Change Management simultaneously.
Key responsibilities include:
* Implement tactical strategies at the mill-level to achieve the desired vision as tied to the corporate continuous improvement strategy
* Ensure that clear targets, goals and expectations are established, tracked, monitored and communicated.
* Demonstrate, facilitate, and coach systems-thinking at the manufacturing level with tools to support
* Provide Continuous Improvement experience, content, tool, facilitation, coaching, consultation, and implementation expertise to the mill-level.
* Knowledge of and appreciation for change management and effective communication.
* Work with necessary site personnel to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles
* Assist in the change of systems/processes as required in support of the Continuous Improvement strategy
* Act as a change agent in the manufacturing process through the active support, participation and leadership of Continuous Improvement events; including:
* Own and organize pre and post standard work
* Participating in, co-facilitating or facilitating projects and events
* Participating in system audits and coaching employees on continuous improvement, standard work development/modification/adherence, root cause analysis, and problem solving.
* Providing necessary training specific to Continuous Improvement tools and methodology.
* Recommend, facilitate and maintain visual performance tools
Assisting all teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained.
* Minimum 3 Years of experience supporting/implementing Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma principles required.
* Proven ability to facilitate groups to change by influencing others and supporting teams of a wide variety of disciplines and backgrounds to achieve significant results.
* Experience executing key Continuous Improvement activities such as:
* Conducting a value stream analyses process
* Facilitation of Kaizen activities, root cause problem solving, RACI Analysis, and time study
* Experience using Minitab or similar statistical analysis tools
* Implementing daily management system
* Creating and implementing standard work
* Teaching/coaching front-line operators and leaders to do all the above
* Must possess strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with various audiences at the site level.
* Experience supporting corporate, divisional or site-level continuous improvement projects/programs.
* Must be viewed credibly as either an informal leader or a positive influencer of change
* Must be a self-motivated learner
* Must possess a strong work ethic
* Ability to mentor team members and facilitate change from a position of influence
* Ability to energize and motivate teams
* Ability to recognize conflict and take appropriate action within scope of the role
* Ability to write reports, general business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to create standard work documents, operational procedures and visual work aids
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, supervisors and managers at the site level
* Ability to interpret manufacturing schematics and blueprints
* Ability to use simple statistical and graphical tools, including the ability to read, analyze and interpret and act against data, including Pareto, Waterfall, Gantt charts, business data, production schematics, technical procedures, and government regulations.
* Ability to define problem areas, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to interpret a variety of technical procedures/processes and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing work environment
* Strong capability with MS computer applications ( Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio)
Familiarity with tools such as PARCView, Minitab, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.