Continuous Improvement Specialist 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Reporting to the CI Manager, this position will deliver continuous improvement training
and activities throughout the plant while serving as the Subject Matter Expert on
Continuous Improvement. Will lead and grow a culture of Continuous Improvement and
its activities at the plant. Will facilitate projects aimed at generating Continuous
Improvement techniques, cost reductions, and process performance improvements.
Provides efficient leadership and cost effective integration of Continuous Improvement,
creating operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Facilitates Continuous Improvement projects, cost reductions, and process performance improvements.
* Maintain CI implementation schedules for assigned projects, progress updates as required, and most importantly, provide documentation that demonstrates the direct link between CI implementation and process and Plant Operations improvements.
* Provide CI training and coaching at all levels of the Plant.
* Participate in and lead teams aimed at the resolution of quality issues and concerns.
* Support production control, material control, material planning departments in improvement projects relating to scheduling inventory management and raw material flow and tracking.
* Support prototype and pilot runs to address design and process feasibility concerns from a departmental aspect.
* Interface with plant engineering on projects addressing staffing, manpower, time and capacity analysis.
* Generate, provide and participate in department specific training needs.
* Calculate cost reductions and/or various analysis to determine optimal problem solving method.
* Team with the Plant Controller to document savings and profit results of continuous improvement activities.
* Accountable for tracking all CI Projects and reporting progress to plant staff.
* Complete time studies to develop production standards for products.
* Assist in monitoring department equipment (OEE) and interface with
* Maintenance department to identify maintenance, repair and TPM.
* Works with process owner to develop value stream map for each process and each value stream family within the facility.
* Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement and cost reduction in the execution of the job function.
* Experience in identifying areas of improvement.
* Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement or Process Improvement.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Strong understanding of contemporary problem-solving tools and techniques.
* Has the ability to think creatively and proactively propose solutions with an attention to detail.
* Strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database management software.
* Ability to effectively communicate issues and ideas with peers and with management.
* Ability to build effective working relationships throughout the organization.
* Ability to facilitate meetings with cross-functional teams.
* Ability to operate independently within a tight deadline environment.
* Is a high energy self-starter with a resilient, can-do attitude.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Minimum 5 years experience in Operations.
* Working towards Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification.