Contract Administrator / Cost Estimator 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kennedy/Jenks Consultants is an employee-owned, full-service engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public sector clients throughout the United States. We are approaching our 100-year anniversary and have a legacy of providing award-winning, innovative solutions to our most significant environmental challenges.
We are currently seeking a Construction Contract Administrator/ Cost Estimator to work on construction projects locally and support nationally where needed. The Contract Administrator/ Cost Estimator will support the Construction Management Group.
What you ll do:
* Assemble proposal documents
* Prepare and review cost estimates
* Conduct claims analysis
* Participate in change negotiations and administration of allowances
* Develop and implement construction procedures
* Assist the owner in all aspects of the change order process, and provide to day-to-day support activities to the staff overseeing the construction work.
* Analyze technical project data
* Develop presentations and reports
* Evaluate specifications, drawings, submittals, requests for information and other contract documents
* Interpret and apply contracting principles, applicable laws, policies and procedures
* Review and analyze schedules, claims, and estimates
* Review and analyze delay claims
* Negotiate complex cost impacts
* Prepare authorization letters, records of negotiation and change orders
* Incorporate drawing and specification revisions into the contract documents
* Participate in progress, schedule and other construction related meetings
* Assist construction staff in administrating the changes and payment processes
* Facilitate communication between owner, contractor, designer, program manager, owner s representative and other stakeholders in the design and construction process
* Assist the construction manager to grow the practice in New England.
* Other tasks as needed including forensic documents reviews and preparation of time entitlement recommendations
* 3-5 years of experience working in construction with industrial clients in engineering or project management roles, on transportation/industrial water/wastewater projects or similar type projects.
* Prior construction cost estimating experience is required
* BS in engineering (electrical engineering degree is desired), construction management or related technical field is preferred
* Experience with capital program public construction and alternative delivery methods is preferred
* Must have a desire to help grow the construction services practice in Massachusetts and assist in other regions of the company as needed
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy/Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to a maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy/Jenks Consultants provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, stock ownership, profit sharing and excellent health, dental, and life insurance.
Kennedy/Jenks Consultants is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.