This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
This individual will be responsible for end-to-end ownership which begins with credit approval through booking and funding.
Specific Duties Include:
* Verification of legal name, good standing certificate and reviewing other formation documents of customer.
* This person will prepare standard documents in accordance with the credit approval.
* Responsible for ensuring that documents have not been altered in any way, are executed by an authorized signer, if faxed are legible, in addition to following other established business practices and procedures.
* This person will be responsible to ensure that CIT has a properly perfected security interest as required by credit approval by ensuring UCC financing statement are filed properly and timely filed .
* In addition, this person will be responsible for ordering UCC searches and reviewing searche s to ensure no blanket liens and/or no other security interest in the equipment being financed by CIT. This person will be responsible to follow for any no interest letters, waivers and/or subordinations that may be required.
* Will be responsible for understanding how to handle titled vehicle transactions.
* Will be responsible for progress payment transactions, which will include receiving approved invoices for payment and processing requests for checks and/or wires ensuring that the money disbursed is in accordance with the credit approval.
* Will be responsible for ensuring the CIT insurance policies and procedures are followed.
* Responsible for all post close policies and procedures which includes bring down searches, auditing the InfoLease system for accuracy, uploading fully executed documentation to deal folders and preparing original documentation file to be shipped for off-site storage.
In addition to the above, this individual will act as a liaison with credit, sales, Asset Management Group and Jacksonville
Qualifications: * understanding of equipment leasing and financing transactions and requirements
* understanding of standard and non-standard documentation
* understands sales, use and property tax laws
* understand how to read and interpret UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) filings
* understands insurance (general liability, property, automobile)
* able to think quickly and apply company policies and procedures
* excellent verbal and written communication skills
* detailed oriented
* excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task
Education: Bachelor's degree or 3+ years equivalent experience in leasing.