This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Overview:
This position is responsible for acting as liaison for the Legal team and is responsible for processing all requests for legal review of contracts, negotiating and drafting contract language, maintaining the Legal team work queue, enforcing the Company's contract process and is focused on helping the Company achieve its goals and objectives.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Interfacing with the Global Sales team and the Company's attorneys for all requests requiring legal review and processing of sales-related contracts. Depending on the nature and complexity of the matter, the Contracts Manager will either work directly with the Sales team member, or will assign the matter to an attorney. The Contracts Manager will ensure that the requestor follows accepted contract process guidelines.
* Maintaining and updating the Legal work queue, so as to reflect a real-time snapshot of all matters assigned to the Legal team.
* Negotiating and drafting customer-facing outbound revenue generating agreements and inbound vendor agreements and escalating legal and commercial issues in accordance with Company policy.
* Responding to, and completing customer required vendor forms and other requests for information about the Company, for new and existing customers.
* Striving for excellence in response and turn-around time for all requests and in servicing the legal needs of the Sales team and other departments.
All levels of management and staff for the following:
* Attorneys and other Contracts Managers
* Global Sales
* Global Professional Services
* Information Technology
* Orders Administration
* Human Resources
Level of impact:
Focused on helping the Company achieve its goals and objectives in winning new business and securing existing revenue streams.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budget responsibilities: None
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Strong negotiating and drafting skills in a fast-paced environment
* Possesses a working understanding of software licensing and common commercial contract negotiation issues that arise during negotiation.
* Works efficiently, independently and with minimal supervision on a remote basis.
* Works effectively with the Sales team, attorneys and opposing counsel.
* Undergraduate degree and at least 5 or more years of experience as a contracts manager negotiating software licensing and services agreements on the sell side of the business.
* Competency in using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Outlook Email. Competency in using Salesforce.com or similar sales management software is a plus, but is not required.