This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Provide cradle-to-grave leadership of the contract management and administration support function for ERP _project_portfolio. This is a highly visible position serving as an internal advisor and clearinghouse to Project Management Office (PMO) and staff for contracts and related issues. Responsible for the commercial oversight, coordination of follow-on procurement, co-ordination and expediting of capital projects contracting activity and risk mitigation of contracted projects. This role is responsible for commercial contractual risks assessment, understanding and management.
* Administering contracts including milestone tracking, performance management and change order processing. Negotiate cost and schedule impact to change orders and othercontract modifications. Evaluate and make recommendations on supplier requests for waivers and deviations. Analyze potential risks that contract changes may pose to the organization and the project. Handle on-going issues and change management documenting appropriately. Document management as it relates to project artifacts, and contract documents using company's document repository tool.
* Develop and execute on value targets and track related metrics. Identify and apply value maximizing opportunities.
* Provide strategic leadership of the procurement contracting for the assigned portfolio of projects. As an active leader assigned to the Project Management Office (PMO), ensure alignment and participation of internal and external parties during contract development, negotiation and execution stages. Provide internal training on contract provisions and obligations of the Company and supplier. Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility, awareness and interpretation to support implementation and that execution of contracts are in compliance with Policy
* Resolve contract conflicts in coordination with the Project Management staff and the Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing teams. Intervenes, analyzes manages and resolves business conflicts between company and suppliers.
* Manage post award contract activities: supplier performance, contract terms and conditions compliance, contract modifications/change process, contract close-out, extension or renewal. Review and confirm contractual provisions are followed - quality and timeliness of work product, invoicing, payments, rates, schedule and satisfaction of all contractual requirements. Facilitate supplier performance reviews and manage supplier relationships.
* Monitor supplier's diverse and local subcontracting ensuring opportunities are provided and spend is reported.
* Assignments are general and of a continuing nature, requiring the exercise of independent judgment and initiative in scheduling, assigning and coordinating work with other business groups and suppliers. Respond in an informed and timely fashion to questions and requests for assistance, demonstrating appropriate sense of urgency when answering internal and external requests.