Contract Manager, Oncology Contract Operations 8/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMD Serono is a leading US biopharmaceutical company exclusively focused on specialty care for more than 40 years. The US healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, integrates cutting-edge science, innovative products and devices, as well as industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono's commercial business has a deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Develop EMD Serono's contract and rebate operations to ensure a successful entry into the Oncology (Buy and Bill) market including maintenance of all Group Purchase Organizations (GPOs), Accountable Care (ACO), Integrated Delivery Network (IDN), Hospitals (including 340B facilities), Physician Group contracts and membership lists. Partner with internal and alliance partners to facilitate and manage appropriate chargeback data governance to ensure successful revenue management. Develop and maintain EMD Serono's standard operating procedures for all pricing communication to appropriate internal and external stakeholders. Build necessary analytics to identify appropriate revenue management opportunities to facilitate strategic and tactical discussions to realize organizational efficiencies. Partner with internal teams to build analytics and insights by identifying business requirements and managing data exchange with internal (IT / Finance / therapeutic areas) and vendor teams. Lead the effort in collaboration with IT to define future system requirements, develop new reports that support chargeback analysis and activity, to ensure reconciliation to other business areas.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Plays a leadership role in cross functional initiatives involving new / updated pricing and contracting strategies, terms, conditions, contract compliance, and overall rebate revenue management
* Maintain all GPO, ACO, IDN, and Physician Group Membership requirements and effectively communicate with appropriate EMD Serono stakeholders
* Ensure appropriate and updated 340B membership requirements are met as well as provide analytics and organizational controls to maintain standard operating procedures
* Facilitate setup and management of all new contracted customers, to include GPOs, IDNs, Specialty Distributors, Specialty Pharmacies, Physicians Groups, and appropriately contracted trade customers
* Partner with all stakeholders to ensure appropriate class of trade management for all EMD Serono products
* Ensure successful communication and partnership with all stakeholders to resolve any chargeback line items by analyzing pricing, eligibility, and customer lists to identify appropriate revenue management opportunities
* Partner with therapeutic and trade leads to ensure successful management of Specialty Pharmacy contracts
* Manage all product and pricing changes to appropriate internal and external stakeholders
* Act as the primary contact for all internal and external pricing inquiries related to customer pricing while insuring consistent compliance with contracts and guidelines
* Develop appropriate operating procedures related to pricing and pricing administration
* Work with various departments to resolve all source system data issues identified in the data reconciliation and validation process and elsewhere prior to calculations or payments being processed
* Support analytical input into the development and implementation of a world class pricing strategy within matrix team environment
* A Bachelor's degree required; relevant experience may be substituted for degree, when appropriate.
* A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the areas of pricing, contracting, forecasting, and financial modeling required.
* Pharmaceutical industry experience required.
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access, Visual Basic PowerPoint and other key platforms.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with appropriate stakeholders to execute analysis in support of decision-making and planning.
* Strong advanced analyses (analytical, quantitative, and qualitative) capabilities required to ensure quality and validity of data and resolve data problems as necessary.
* Ability to perform advanced analyses required.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of 1 years of Buy and Bill, GPO, Chargeback, and trade customer experience required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the healthcare, pharmaceutical, managed care, provider industry.
* Extensive Experience in Managed Care Buy and Bill, trade, Chargeback, working with pricing data, and applying direct contracting experience preferred.
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* Exceptional Team Player
* High level of attention to detail and organizational skills
* Ability to prioritize and respond to a high volume of work in a deadline intense environment
* Above average level of analytical skills
* Ability to work with sophisticated system applications
* Excel, Outlook, Word and other pharmaceutical/contract/rebate systems is required
ADA ESSENTIAL DUTIES (i.e., normal office duties; must be able to push, lift, pull up to 30 pounds; travel demands, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.