(Contract) Research Associate, mRNA Production
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION(Contract) Research Associate, mRNA Production
Moderna Therapeutics is seeking a contract Research Associate to assist with small scale mRNA production. This individual will be tasked with responsibilities that include both molecular biology and biochemistry focused techniques.
* Perform production of modified mRNA for in vitro experiments, at both small and large scale, using molecular biology techniques, chromatography techniques, and basic and complex scientific equipment and analytical tools.
* Orders and prepares media, buffers, and reagents for experiments.
* Collaborate with process development and process sciences team to identify process improvements if any
* Follow and establish protocols, improvements to such, allowing for clear and accurate documentation of data, results, and any deviations.
* Actively participate in a team environment and as part of frequent Research meetings and staff meetings.
* Maintains a clean, neat and organized laboratory facility.
* Maintains equipment and instruments.
* 4 year degree in an applied scientific discipline (Chemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry)
* Molecular biology and biochemistry laboratory experience, including but not limited to: In vitro transcription, PCR, gel electrophoresis, HPLC, basic laboratory equipment and procedures.
* 0-2 year s hands-on professional/industrial experience in a biopharma R&D, process development, life sciences, or analytical development organization
* Effective communicator (written and oral).
* Ability to work on complex tasks independently
* Collaborative Spirit (ability to work as part of a cross functional team, comfortable with presenting and speaking in a variety of setting and with coworkers at a variety of levels).
* Result oriented
* Detail focused
* Ability to work concurrently on multiple complex projects